One Liners


Jesus came, and God said, "This is My Son." 

Matthew chapter 19 verse 26.
Jesus said to them, "But with God, everything is possible.

One liners are meant to get our attention. They are meant to spike our interest so that we become curious as to what is about to come. It could be the beginning of a joke or maybe a first encounter between strangers. It could be the opening line of a job interview or maybe in selling yourself in order to get that new position and raise in pay. It could be for the seminar you are about to lead or it could be used to get your point across to those who need to hear what you have to say.
   Jesus has the best one liner's of all time----"Come follow Me and I will give your rest." "Do not store up treasures here on earth where they can erode away and maybe be stolen." "Why worry about your clothes?" "Do for others what you want them to do for you" "If you only knew what a wonderful gift God has for you, and who I am, you would ask Me for some, living water." "What do you want Me to do for you?"
   There are so many things that God and Jesus invite us to know, and those who seek after learning from them are eager, wanting as much time with them as they can get. 
   In Matthew chapter 25 Jesus says, "Then I, the King, shall say to those at my right, Come, blessed of My Father, into the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world." 
   There truly is a Kingdom that has been prepared for all people. It was created by Christ at the command of God. It is God's house where all people are brought to worship and praise God for who He is. The Almighty Creator who watches over us and offers us eternal life with Him, through His Son, who has made it possible for us to come before God. To know Him and take our place in life with Him, our Father who formed us and gave us breath. 
   We do not live in a very friendly world. It is a place that causes us grief, all the while continually waking up to another day filled with more grief. That does not mean we cannot make the best of what we have around us. Family, and friends give us laughter and joy. It is in being involved that life can be tolerated, at least until grief comes along and interrupts those good times.
   God has other plans for us. Those plans have been around ever since day one of creation and are available to all people, at anytime, all the time and forever. All we have to do is see it, want it and come to understand it. 
   And that is where the issues lie. Lots of people do not want to believe that there is an almighty Creator. They do not want to believe in God, let alone believe that Christ is His Son and that it is only through Him that we can find our place with God in His world. 
   That is why we who do believe and enjoy life with Jesus stand out as different from those who choose not to seek or look. In my time of confusion, grief and sadness I found Jesus and a life that is filled with overwhelming love and happiness. 
Psalms chapter 56 says, "You have seen me tossing and turning through the night. You have collected all my tears and preserved them in Your bottle! You have recorded every one in  Your book. The very day I call for help, the tide of battle turns. My enemies flee! This one thing I know: God is for me! I am trusting God---oh, praise His promises. I will surely do what I have promised, Lord, and thank You for Your help. For You have saved me from death and my feet from slipping, so that I can walk before the Lord in the land of the living." 
   I read today that there are 365 references in God's Word to "fear not"---one for every day of the year. Fear not means to resist fear and not let it control your actions. That is easier said than done but if you can believe that God sent Christ for us and that He is the one who heard your cries and that He is the one who has done such amazing miracles in your life then you are prepared to believe that Christ is with you always and is the one standing beside you in your battles. 
   Guilt, fear, anxieties and worry will come, but the word of God is stronger and you can know peace. Ephesians chapter 2 verses 13 and 14 say, "Now you belong to Christ Jesus, and though you were once far away from God, now you have been brought very near to Him because of what Jesus Christ has done for you with His blood. For Christ Himself is our way of peace." 
   Jesus said in John chapter 14, "I am leaving you with a gift---peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give is not fragile like the peace the world gives. So do not be troubled or afraid." Wow what a great one liner and that makes it very hard to resist wanting.
   Isaiah chapter 41 verse 10 says, "Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." 
   That is so true. Test Him, the only way you will know is if you find out for yourself. And when you do you will be convinced and assured that who He is, is real and true. Then give Him the praise and gratefulness that He deserves. For from now and forever more your heart will be filled with the joy and happiness of Jesus in your life.   
   Thank You Father for Jesus. With doubt and wonder, you heard our cry and wiped our tears. You made true through Jesus, a life with You. 😊 


Romans chapter 8 verse 37.
Overwhelming victory is ours through Christ who loved us enough to die for us.   

Isaiah chapter 9 verse 6.
For unto us a child is born; unto us a Son is given and the government shall be upon His shoulder. He shall have many royal names; Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Psalms chapter 139 verses 13-16.
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body, and knit them together in my mother's womb. Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about. Your workmanship is marvelous---and how well I know it. You were there while I was being formed in utter seclusion! You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Everyday was recorded in Your Book!    

Comments

Popular Posts