Time

You have lived with the sun rising and falling. Now you see all as God's and a new day has begun. Jesus is with you.


Genesis chapter 1 verses 1-4.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, "Let there be light." And there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. (KJV)

What is your life like? To you, does it feel like a chaotic mess? An empty void, filled with dark? 
   You love it when the sun is shining and you can feel the warmth of the sun. You love it when all is going good and there are friends and family, with lots of good food to choose from. You love indulging in the good things of this world. All is good until the day when..... happens. 
   Was it a fight? Was it investors coming after their money? Was it war? Was it death? Was it relationship breakdown? Was it loss of job? Was it lack of self esteem? Was it worry, anxiety and depression? 
   There are many reasons for someone's life to be messy. God does not like messy. He tells it like it is. Are you ready to take Him up on His promises? You are fed up with always trying to be the one who creates joy and of those who take advantage. You hate hangovers, you long for love and peace. 
   The bible is filled with God, it is your place in which to know Him. He will speak to you if you seek after Him. In Genesis chapter 1 it says, "The Spirit of God moved over the waters." God has been with you all along, He has been waiting to hear you call out to Him. 
   When I first read the Bible I found the stories interesting. There was creation, drama, greed, empowerment, love and punishment. The more I read the more I started to see a relationship between the way I was living and the way God wanted me to live. He took what was a mess and separated the darkness. Leaving only the Light of Jesus. Not only that, I have found out that He is pleased with how I live my life, all because of His grace and mercies. I am filled with gratitude and a thankful heart. I see Him in everything, all day long, everyday. 
   I am living in heaven now, with the most joyful knowledge that one day I will stand before Jesus. I will have shaky legs and I will wonder, but I will also know that God is the one who did not leave me in that awful mess, but came with Jesus and picked me up out of the bog and mire and lifted me up onto solid ground.
   That ground is the earth that God created filled with all sorts of people, attitudes and hopeful dreams. In Matthew chapter 6 verses 22 and 23 Jesus tells the crowds, "If your eye is pure, there will be sunshine in your soul. But if your eye is clouded with evil thoughts and desires, you are in deep spiritual darkness. And oh, how deep that darkness can be." 
   We will never escape our thoughts. We can however push out thoughts that are no good and replace them with thoughts that are pleasing to God. Every time we blurt out something, we can see the consequence created and hear the responses from others. How long will you continue to be the one who creates troubles before you become someone who is a peacemaker? 
   You can control your actions and what you speak. You can also find peace and a good life in among a chaotic world. John chapter 3 verses 16 and 17 say, "God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son, so that anyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. God did not send His Son into the world to condemn it but to save it."
   What a promise and what a gift. I was a product of my own doing. The life I was living was not a healthy one and it was without love. Sure I had feelings and I lived in the depression of not being able to express my feelings. But God changed all that. He did not know me or did He? 
   I was the one not seeing. I was the one living as I thought I wanted to. The healing struggle began and with Jesus (God's Light and Word) I was able to battle out of addictions and start walking a different path. That path taught me to listen and love. God had touched and changed what I thought was impossible to change. 
   That battle with evil thoughts, temptations and wrongful desires taunts me daily, but Jesus is my strength and my place of refuge. God did for me more than I can ever thank Him for. And that shows me that falling back is not an option but a serious downfall. 
   King David in Psalms chapter 18 says, "You have turned on my light! The Lord my God has made my darkness turn to light. Now in Your strength I can scale any wall, attack any troop. What a God He is! How perfect in every way! All His promises prove true. He is a shield for everyone who hides behind Him. For who is God except our Lord? Who but He is a rock?"
   God has done the same for me as He has done for so many others. That is why He loves our praise and worship. That is His goal. To be seen as our heavenly Father, who sent His Son, so that we could have life with Him. A life filled with praise, worship and love. A love for Him, that makes us stand out as His. Where we are seen as His by others, giving us the opportunity to tell others about what He did for us and can do for them. 
   Wow, the difference is the light He brings into your life. You may have never thought it possible that there could be such peace available, but God has lived up to His promises and you have found who Jesus is. In John chapter 14 verse 1, Jesus said to them, "Let not your heart be troubled. You are trusting God, now trust in Me." 
   You have lived a lifetime without Christ in your life. He is now a part of your life and the old you has been pushed out to make room for the new life, that you can't seem to get enough of. In Luke chapter 4 verses 21-24, Jesus asks the question, "When someone lights a lamp, does he put a box over it to shut out the light? Of course not! The light couldn't be seen or used. A lamp is placed on a stand to shine and be useful. All that is hidden will someday come to light. If you have ears, listen! And be sure to put into practice what you hear. The more you do this, the more you will understand what I tell you."  
   Your life may have been a mess, but now God has brought Jesus to you. You may struggle a bit with what Jesus has done but He is a new light, something completely different. You feel different, there is a warmth, an understanding, security and joy. God has heard your prayers, and joy has renewed and rejuvenated you. 
   The way you are feeling is noticed by others. They may listen or they may not. You, however have reason to smile and that cannot be taken from you. 
   Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for new beginnings. You said, "Let there be light" and there was light. You saw the light, that it was good and you were pleased. 😊     

Jude chapter 1 verses 21-23. 
Stay always within the boundaries where God's love can reach and bless you. Wait patiently for the eternal life that our Lord Jesus Christ in His mercy is going to give you. Try to help those who argue against you. Be careful to those who doubt. Save some by snatching them as from the very flames of hell itself. And as for others, help them to find the Lord by being kind to them, but be careful that you yourselves are not pulled along into their sins. Hate every trace of their sin while being merciful to them as sinners.           

Genesis chapter 1 verse 31.
Then God looked over all that He had made, and it was excellent in every way. This ended the sixth day.

Isaiah chapter 45 verses 18 and 19.
For Jehovah created the heavens and earth and put everything in place, and He made the world to be lived in, not to be an empty chaos. I am Jehovah, He says, and there is no other! I publicly proclaim bold promises: I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner so that no one can know what I mean. I did not tell Israel to ask for what I did not plan to give! No, for I Jehovah, speak only truth and righteousness. 

Jeremiah chapter 23 verse 28.
Let these false prophets tell their dreams and let My true messengers faithfully proclaim My every word.  

1 Corinthians chapter 14 verse 33.
God is not one who likes things to be disorderly and upset. He likes harmony, and He finds it in all the churches.  

Comments

Popular Posts