Doing the right thing.


You have spent a lifetime trying your best to fit in and get along. God has given us Jesus and a new way to live.  

Matthew chapter 3 verse 15.
Jesus said to John the Baptist, "Please do it, for I must do all that is right." So then John baptized Him.

Your life has been hit and miss in doing the right thing over the years. It would be nice if everything would go smooth but we have learned from our interactions and experiences, that things do not always go as smooth as we would like them to be. 
   I do not know what it is that has brought you to Jesus. I do not know the circumstances surrounding your calling out to God. It does not matter your reasons why. The thing that does matter is you have come before God seeking some type of direction. There has to be something better than what you have now, for up to this point it has not worked the way you expected it to. 
   You are hoping for a better outcome. You do not know what the outcome will be. It is just another gamble in trying to make the right decision. What happens is an overwhelming sense of belonging. Like coming to God has been the place where you are welcome. A tremendous weight has been lifted from your shoulders. A healing process has begun.
   In 2 Timothy chapter 1, Paul says, "It is He who saved us and chose us for His Holy work, not because we deserved it but because that was His plan long before the world began---to show His love and kindness to us through Christ. And now He has made all of this plain to us by the coming of our Savior Jesus Christ, who broke the power of death and showed us the way of everlasting life through trusting Him."
   Think about it for a moment. You have come to Him and He has shown Himself to you. You have been amazed and awed, a feeling of relief and peace has come into your life that was not there before. All the troubles of the world are still there, but now you are bringing them to God. And that is giving you new ideas on how to focus on Him and let Him guide you. Bit by bit you are winning a battle that you were not able to do on your own. There is no doubt that His touch upon you is the difference in how you are feeling and the way your worries and anxieties have settled. 
   Jesus said, "For I must do all that is right." (Matthew chapter 3.) 
   Because of this world and the challenges it gives to you daily, you can find rest for your soul, as you trust in Christ. God gives you the direction you need and that leads to praise, trust and seeking after Him. You want to do right and will try your best to do right for God. 
   What a difference from how you lived before. You trusted yourself and it has led you to call upon God who has given you Jesus and the Holy Spirit. He watches over His children and cares for them. And because of who He is, you are living with the almighty God, creator of all. And He loves you and cares about you and how you live. 
   In Matthew chapter 28, Jesus told His disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and earth." Verse 20 says, "I am with you always, even to the end of the world."
   It takes a lot of strength to believe in something you have not even thought of believing in before. You are being asked to trust that God has got you and that Jesus is right there along side you. The only way you will know is if you test Him. Watch for yourself as what happens becomes reality. The reason it is so awesome is because He is unseen, and is so pleased that you have come to Him. He has done for you what no one else could, not even under your own will power have you ever been able to achieve what God has given to you. And it all came through Jesus. 
   In John chapter 4 Jesus is being interviewed. He says, "There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust Him to save them. But those who do not trust Him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to."  
   For me it was an awful struggle to let go of what I enjoyed. But He was right, what I enjoyed doing was done in the darkness, hidden from others, so that I would be the only one enjoying what I was doing. And what I was doing was not right. It was affecting my health and my social life. Yes, God did let me see the Light and I walked towards it and what was once darkness was now exposed, no longer did I have a need to hide anything. I was trusting in Jesus.
   Our thoughts attack us constantly with wants and needs. All around us are those with the same troubles that we have. Some people are better off than others. A generous heart comes from someone who gives generously of their time and their finances. To this day I struggle with giving generously, I have always maintained a sound and tight ship. A home where finances are not a worry, a life that is basic. I do not ask for much and I do not expect much. 
   Well that has changed. I still am frugal when it comes to freely giving to others but I have learned that as you give God gives it back. Without a thought as too my own greedy, and hoarding ways, I am still not as giving as those around me but God is showing Himself to me in the generous heart of love. 
   Doing the right thing starts with you trusting in God. Being a good steward of what you have shows God that you are not greedy. But going above and beyond to show others what God has done for you shows God how much you trust in Him. 
   2 Corinthians chapter 9 verse 15 says, "Thank God for His Son---His gift too wonderful for words."
   In 2 Corinthians chapter 12, the apostle Paul struggles with a physical ailment that constantly is bothersome and will not go away. He asks God for help in removing the problem but God tells Him, "No. But I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people." Paul goes on to give praise to God for the thorn that he has to live with. He says, "For when I am weak, then I am strong---the less I have, the more I depend on Him."
   Do the right thing by trusting in God fully for all your needs. Watch as you step out of your protected, secluded life what happens as God works through you and others see that it is God working through you.  
   Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for Your grace and love. Eternal Joy is from You. 😊

Psalms chapter 112 verses 1-10.
Praise the Lord! For all who fear God and trust in Him are blessed beyond expression. Yes, happy is the man who delights in doing His commands. His children shall be honored everywhere, for good men's sons have a special heritage. He himself shall be wealthy, and his good deeds will never be forgotten. When darkness overtakes him, light will come bursting in. He is kind and merciful---and all goes well for the generous man who conducts his business fairly. Such a man will not be overthrown by evil circumstances. God's constant care of him will make a deep impression on all who see it. He does not fear bad news, nor live in dread of what may happen. For he is settled in his mind that Jehovah will take care of him. That is why he is not afraid, but can calmly face his foes. He gives generously to those in need. His deeds will never be forgotten. He shall have influence and honor. Evil-minded men will be infuriated when they see all this; they will gnash their teeth in anger and slink away, their hopes thwarted.  

Jeremiah chapter 29 verses 11 and 12.
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. You will find Me when you seek Me, if you look for Me in earnest. 

Jeremiah chapter 1 verse 5.
The Lord said to me, "I knew you before you were formed within your mother's womb; before you were born I sanctified you and appointed you as my spokesman to the world." 

Isaiah chapter 41 verse 10.
Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with My victorious right hand.  

Hebrews chapter 13 verses 5 and 6.
Stay away from the love of money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never, never fail you nor forsake you." That is why we can say without any doubt or fear, "The Lord is my Helper and I am not afraid of anything that mere man can do to me." 

           
          

Comments

Popular Posts