Wasted Energy!


We work hard to make our lives beautiful. Enjoy the peace that God has brought to you through Jesus.  

Psalms chapter 56 verses 3 and 4. 
When I am afraid, I will put my confidence in You. Yes, I will trust the promises of God. And since I am trusting Him, what can mere man do to me?

In Psalms chapter 56 King David is facing enemies closing in around him. All day he is concerned, thinking about how they want him and will do whatever it takes to get to him. 
   Does that sound familiar? Are people your concerns? Are you constantly thinking about your next move, and whether that move will be good for you or not? 
 King David continued by saying, "They are always twisting what I say. All their thoughts are how to harm me. They meet together to perfect their plans." 
   God plans for us are totally different from how we used to think and how much wasted energy was put into forming useless plans that were only band-aids.    
 In Jeremiah chapter 29, one of God's many promises is, "I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for evil. They are to give you a future and a hope."
   God is very straight forward. He says let go of all the stuff that occupies your thoughts and let Me be the thoughts that you think about. By being there with Him, you will be at peace, in joy with a thankful heart. 
   King David continues saying, "You have seen me tossing and turning through the night. You have collected all my tears and preserved them in your bottle! You have recorded every one in Your book. The very day I call for help, the tide of battle turns. My enemies flee! The one thing I know: God is for me! I am trusting God---oh, praise His promises!"
   I remember how my worries and anxieties were consuming me. I remember the night I called out to Him in desperation. Then as the day came about, My enemies were not there! All my worries were for nothing. God has heard my prayer and saw my tears. He heard my call to Him and the battle turned. 
   Those battles were real and they came at me from all sorts of places. Work, relationships, loneliness. I had even separated myself from those who cared and was left to battle the thoughts of planning my way out. What had happened to happiness and peace? 
   In John chapter 8, Jesus says, "You are truly my disciples if you live as I tell you to, and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." 
   Through out my life I battled with the truth about God. I knew about Him but I had convinced myself to ignore what so many others believed in. I guess I thought that freedom was doing as I thought. Boy, was I wrong!
   It took most of my life for me to finally come and make the call to God. I was exhausted and worn down. The feeling of accomplishment is a feeling of completing something that you had to figure out. It is nice when everything comes together without complications or lasting affects. You have made it past that issue and you know there will be another.
   Jesus is the final time, when you will be pulled into darkness, alone. He is the one who comes and lifts you and steadies you as you go along. He is the Truth and the Truth about Him will set you free. 
   Yes, the challenges of life will still be there, but you have come into the life with Jesus, and no matter what your past or what the future brings, you are walking it with Jesus. 
   Jesus said in John chapter 9, "While I am still here in the world, I give it My light." 
   He has come into your world and will be the Light of your world forever. You have taken the steps of seeking the right help from the right source. The right light has turned on and you know that this is the place you will always look to. 
   In Mark chapter 10 verse 27 Jesus says, "Without God, it is utterly impossible. But with God everything is possible."
   Our troubles seems so real to us. They can be overwhelming and have powerful affects. When is the last time you took what you were facing and thought these have been faced before by so many others. I'm not the first to go through these trials, so how did they get through them? 
   1 Corinthians chapter 10 says, "So, be careful. If you are thinking, Oh, I would never behave like that ---let this be a warning to you. For you too may fall into sin. But remember this---the wrong desires that come into your life are not anything new and different. Many others have faced exactly the same problems before you. And no temptation is irresistible. You can trust God to keep temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it, for He has promised this and will do what He says. He will show you how to escape temptation's power so that you can bear up patiently against it." 
   What amazing peace His love for you brings into your life. It changes how you love yourself and others. You will still waste time doing silly things that lead no where, but now you are aware of God and Jesus with you. You get amazed at the thoughts that guide you in the right direction and give thanks to God for His watchful eye over your life. It is your joy that is seen by others and maybe leads them to look his way. 
   Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for being there when it seemed like there was no where else to look. All those lost years, wasting time on myself when the real joy is the life of praising You. 😊  

2 Corinthians chapter 4 verse 7.
This precious treasure---this light and power that now shine within us---is held in a perishable container, that is, in our weak bodies. Everyone can see that the glorious power within must be from God and is not our own.     

Jeremiah chapter 31 verse 9.
Tears of joy shall stream down their faces and I will lead them home with great care. They shall walk beside the quiet streams and not stumble. 

1 Samuel chapter 21 verses 10-14.
David's issues led him to think of a way out. Which led him to doing things that were silly.  

James chapter 5 verse 16.
Admit your faults to one another and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results. 

     
     

Comments

Popular Posts