The Rules.



Curiosity can get the best of us. We always do not make the best decisions and sometimes they can cause us a lot of grief but be thankful to God, for Jesus has overcome the world. (John chapter 16 verse 33.) 


John chapter 10 verse 10.
Jesus said to them, "The thief's purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness." 

I was having a good time. Each day brought new adventures and experiences. I went from being a teenager to an adult very quickly. I was able to make my own decisions and do whatever I wanted to without having to obey my parents rules. 
   I got a job. I found shelter to eat and sleep. I enjoyed getting high and so I would get to know where to purchase what I needed. I would hang around with those who liked the things I did. I woke up in some strange places and would make my way back to wherever it was I lived. There were lots of road trips that engulfed the weekends. I got to see and enjoy some beautiful places, late star filled evenings and early morning sunrises.
   There were no rules. Be ready to go on a whim, to wherever it took you. I never could get a serious relationship going. I did not want one. I did like people around but I was always ready to party it up. Therefore conversations were limited, usually loud with lots of laughing involved. No rules.
   Church's were for weddings and usually meant that the happy couple would only be seen once and awhile after that. The older I got the more secluded I became. Change had to happen, but I did not want to let go of what I thought was a way of living. Hangovers became harder to shake off. And I was losing interest in getting high, but did it anyway. 
   I started to read the bible. I even got high and read it. I took it with me wherever I went. I may have read only a verse or two, there must have been a hidden reason for my bringing it along. Everyone I knew was fancy free. They worked hard and played hard. Something was telling me it was wrong and it was tugging at me. There came a point when all the bad lined up in front of the good. Which way was I going to go? 
   It was going to mean dramatic, life changing, health affecting, social interaction change. What the heck was I getting myself into? I liked no rules. I did not like being alone and living in a fog, never having felt what true love really means. But there was a grip on me that was going to take a battle to get over. The bible was telling me about it. God was telling me to trust in Jesus. My friends who liked to party would call. My body would crave the fun times. 
   And once again I would give in and once again I would be disappointed with the outcome. I had my fare share of not being responsible because I would prefer escaping to a bar or hiding away with drink and drugs. It was stupid and no way to live. There was so much more, yet I was caught. Change happened when I turned 40 years of age. 
   Wow, all that lost time. My youthful friends had lives of their own and I had no clue what they were up to or where they lived. The battle was on and I did overcome. Those friends who would call did not like the new me and they faded into the past. I was not alone in my efforts, God was with me and Jesus took me under His wing. My strength came from Him and my life cannot show Him enough how grateful I am. 
   I married, I found church and a church family. I found love, God's love for me and the understanding of Jesus' love for people. I had missed out on so much but there was a plan for me and now God is leading me in it. 
   What rules? There are no rules, only love and thankfulness. 
   In Ephesians chapter 4 verses 17-32 Paul tells the truth, "Let me say this, then, speaking for the Lord: Live no longer as the unsaved do, for they are blinded and confused. Their closed hearts are full of darkness; they are far away from the life of God because they have shut their minds against Him, and they cannot understand His ways. They do not care anymore about right and wrong and have given themselves over to impure ways. They stop at nothing, being driven by their evil minds and reckless lusts. 
   But that is not the way Christ has taught you! If you have really heard His voice and learned from Him the truths concerning Himself, then throw off your old evil nature---the old you that was a partner in your evil ways---rotten through and through, full of lust and sham. 
   Now your attitudes and thoughts must all be constantly changing for the better. Yes, you must be a new and different person, holy and good. Clothe yourself with this new nature. Stop lying to each other; tell the truth, for we are parts of each other and when we lie to each other we are hurting ourselves. If you are angry, do not sin by nursing your grudge. Do not let the sun go down with you still angry---get over it quickly; for when you are angry you give a mighty foothold to the devil. 
   If anyone is stealing he must stop it and begin using those hands of his for honest work so he can give to others in need. Do not use bad language. Say only what is good and helpful to those you are talking to, and what will given them a blessing.  
   Do not cause the Holy Spirit sorrow by the way you live. Remember, He is the one who marks you to be present on that day when salvation from sin will be complete. Stop being mean, bad-tempered and angry. Quarreling, harsh words, and dislike of others should have no place in your lives. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God has forgiven you because you belong to Christ."
   It is totally different than what you have been used to but when you try to put into practice God's way, you find an understanding like you have never known before. 
   Philippians chapter 4 verses 4-7 say, "Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice! Let everyone see that you are unselfish and considerate in all you do. Remember that the Lord is coming soon. Do not worry about anything; instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and do not forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus." 
   In the rules there are no rules, all there is the joy of being in the presence of God, blessed by Jesus and filled with the Holy Spirit. It is seen by everyone. In Psalms chapter 35 verse 27, King David said, "Give great joy to all who wish me well. Let them shout with delight, Great is the Lord who enjoys helping His child! And I will tell everyone how great and good You are; I will praise You all day long."
   So what is it that holds people back from coming to God and believing in eternal life? The best answer is their own thoughts. The way they think. All around us are things we cannot give reasons to. As to why they are here or how they got here. We can make up our own reasons and believe they are true, but the fact is, the world in which we live and the continuation of waking up each day to a new day, and the fact of aging and our short time here are real and somehow we must get along with it. 
   God is the Creator of all and it is He who is in control of everything that happens. Even in the mistakes that cause death, God is there. 
   Our opinion counts. Anxieties control our attitudes. When things are going as you like them to, then you are at peace. Living comfortable, until the next trial comes along. God wants us to be happy all the time. Filled with a joy that only comes from knowing that He has got this. It's like a child who is left in the care of those who love them. We are God's children. He created us and gave us breath and He wants us there with Him throughout our lives and beyond. 
   Jesus says in Matthew chapter 11 verse 28, "Come to Me and I will give you rest---all of you who work so hard beneath a heavy yoke. Wear My yoke---for it fits perfectly---and let Me teach you; for I am gentle and humble, and you shall find rest for your souls; for I give you only light burdens."
   Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for getting through the stubbornness of the hazed mind. Your love is gentle and humble and fills life with only light burdens. That is true joy. 😊 
       

Romans chapter 8 verses 38 and 39. 
For I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from His love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels won't, and all the powers of hell itself cannot keep God's love away. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, or where we are---high above the sky, or in the deepest ocean---nothing will ever be able to separate us from the love of God demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ when He died for us.  
       
John chapter 16 verse 33.
Jesus said, "I have told you all this so that you will have peace of heart and mind. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows; but cheer up, for I have overcome the world."

Isaiah chapter 65 verse 17.
God speaking the the prophet said, "For see, I am creating new heavens and a new earth---so wonderful that no one will even think about the old ones anymore."

Ecclesiastes chapter 3 verses 9-15.  
King David wrote, "What does one really get from hard work? I have thought about this in connection with all the various kinds of work God has given mankind. Everything is appropriate in it's own time. But though God has planted eternity in the hearts of men, even so, man cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end. So I conclude that, first, there is noting better for a man than to be happy and to enjoy himself as long as he can; and second, that he should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of his labors, for these are gifts from God. And I know this, that whatever God does is final---nothing can be added or taken from it; God's purpose in this is that man should fear the all powerful God."  
      
        

Comments

Popular Posts