Swaddled Baby.

We are so curious, ready to learn, ready to go. Jesus will always hold you close and be there with you. 


Luke chapter 2 verses 10-12.
And the Angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger."

What is the significance of wrapping a baby in swaddling cloths? It is to prevent the baby from scratching or injuring itself and the tight cloths also give the baby the feeling of comfort and protection.
 Just like any mother protecting their baby from injury by wrapping it up, the shepherds may have wrapped a baby lamb if they suspected it would injure itself. The manger or feeding trough may have been used to prevent the lamb from moving. 
   There is really no significance between the Angels saying you will find the baby wrapped in swaddling cloths other than that would have been a normal practice that is still used today by mothers for newborns.  
   The Angels did appear to the shepherds and not to the rich and famous. This is because the Christ is the Savior of all people. And the amazing spectacular in the night sky was the joy of God in presenting His Son to those shepherds. 
   Joseph, in Mathew chapter 1, was confused about Mary, his fiancé, being pregnant. In a dream He saw an Angel, who told him, to take Mary as his wife, for the child inside her has been conceived by the Holy Spirit. And he is to call the baby "Jesus" (meaning Savior), for He will save His people from their sins. It continues to say that this was prophesied many years before---- "Listen! the virgin shall conceive a child! She shall give birth to a Son, and He shall be called "Emanuel" (meaning God is with us.)" 
   God has always promised to take care of those who come to Him. In John chapter 10, Jesus tells them, "My sheep recognize my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life and they shall never perish. No one shall snatch them away from Me, for My Father has given them to Me, and He is more powerful than anyone else, so no one can kidnap them from Me. I and the Father are one."
   To those who called out to God, seeking after Him, they have found Jesus and their place in life with Him. Our lives may have led us to the point where we felt there was no other place to turn, so God heard your prayer and Jesus is the one who came to you. Just as Mary, had her baby conceived by the Holy Spirit, so to are you led by the Spirit of God. You the one who was confused became wrapped in the Holy Spirit and held close to God.
   It is understanding and wisdom that we seek. We need to know if this is all there is. All the struggles you deal with. All the anguish and pain, all the questions about aging and death. God has made it possible for us---no matter who we are or what we are dealing with---to stop and talk to Him. Let out what is on your mind. There are no expectations, except those that you have. Anyone can stop and talk to God. It does not matter what you say. But be sure that you are serious about talking to Him. Expecting Him to listen. 
   Why was the baby wrapped tightly in cloths? Besides the protection from squirming hands and feet  that may scratch, the tightly wrapped cloths give the baby a sense of being held. They bring comfort and peace to a new born child in a world it knows nothing about. 
   When you begin your journey, God's comfort and reassurance is with you. That is the amazing gift of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. The writer of Psalms chapter 16 says it best, "The Lord Himself is my inheritance, my prize. He is my food and drink, my highest joy! He guards all that is mine. He sees that I am given pleasant brooks and meadows as my share! What a wonderful inheritance! I will bless the Lord who counsels me; He gives me wisdom in the night. He tells me what to do. I am always thinking of the Lord; and because He is so near, I never need to stumble or to fall. Heart, body, and soul are filled with joy. You have let me experience the joys of life and the exquisite pleasures of Your own eternal presence."
   There is no better way to put it than to say, that God, our heavenly Father, wants to care for you and protect you as His very own child. A child is cared for and led to learn the ways of living. God has given us Jesus so that what we do not understand becomes understood and we are left thankful to Him that we can live in peace. 
   Anything that is new born sees what is around them as a big place, filled with the unknown and maybe a fear of what to do. We learn from others who have experienced the same place we are looking at. Psalms chapter 41 verse 10 says, "Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with My victorious right hand." 
   As we grow and learn from our own experiences, we will explore and become confident. We will rebel and try following our own thoughts, making mistakes and experiencing sadness, happiness, and wonderment. God may not be involved in your life but that does not mean He is not there. He is and He is waiting patiently for you to seek Him. That is when you find your heavenly Father ready to wrap you up in His arms and help you navigate the world that has become confusing to you. 
   Psalms chapter 91 tells us that we live in the shadow of the Almighty, sheltered by God. It talks about how He will rescue us and protect us from fatal plagues. He shields us with His wings. We are not to fear the dark any more, nor fear the dangers of the day. With God we are not to fear evil or any plague that comes near. In verses 14 and 15 the Lord says, "Because he loves Me, I will rescue him; I will make him great because he trusts in My name. When he calls on Me I will answer; I will be with him in trouble, and rescue him and honor him. I will satisfy him with a full life and give him My salvation."
   Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for the gift of Your Son and showing us what it means to have life with You. 😊    
   
   
John chapter 14 verse 27.
Jesus told them, "I am leaving you with a gift---peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give is not fragile like the peace the world gives. So do not be troubled or afraid."   

Ephesians chapter 4 verses 1-3.
We are to live and act in a way worthy of those who have been chosen for such wonderful blessings as these. Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Try always to be led along together by the Holy Spirit and so be at peace with one another. 

Hebrews chapter 13 verses 5 and 6.
Stay away from the love of money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never fail you nor forsake you." That is why we can say without any doubt or fear, "The Lord is my Helper and I am not afraid of anything that mere man can do to me."

    
         











Comments

Popular Posts