The Light.

Thank God for the Light of Jesus! It is His Light that warms us and makes us smile. 


John chapter 6 verses 57 and 58.
Jesus told them, "I live by the power of the living Father who sent Me, and in the same way those who partake of Me shall live because of Me! I am the true Bread from heaven; and anyone who eats this Bread shall live forever, and not die as your fathers did---though they ate bread from heaven."

John chapter 6 verse 65.
And Jesus remarked, "That is what I meant when I said that no one can come to Me unless the Father attracts him to Me."
   
   I was in my late thirties when I felt a pull to know more about God. I was a child in Sunday school the last time I picked up a bible. And back then I probably did not understand any of it. They were just stories. I was lonely and addicted to all the wrong things. I lived in dreams and fantasy's of a life that was misguided. 
   I had no idea of what would come from seeking after God, but what did come was healing and astonishment. I was caught in a rut. I had a job, but that was it. Work and home. Always high or seeking to get high. What friends I had were the same as me. God lifted me up and gave me direction. The things that are written in the bible seem to speak right to me. It is as if it was written to guide me. So I tried trusting in God and the outcome was powerful.  
   I lived in darkness. Even though I got up each day and went around doing things, I was blind to a life of happiness. By reaching out to God I found something other than the darkness, I found things I did not see before. John chapter 1 verses 4 and 5 say, "Eternal life is in Him and this life gives light to all mankind. His life is the light that shines through the darkness---and the darkness can never extinguish it." 
   Our habits have a huge hold on us. It's not easy to change the things we have done for so long and have become accustomed to. If you are standing in a dark room and see a light, would you not move towards the light? It is the same when you realize that you are not happy with how your life is going. Jesus is the gift of life that can shine in your darkness and lead you to a place of happiness and contentment. 
   Matthew chapter 5 verses 13-16 say, "You are the world's seasoning, to make it tolerable. If you lose your flavor, what will happen to the world? And you yourselves will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless. You are the world's light---a city on a hill, glowing in the night for all to see. Do not hide your light! Let it shine for all; let your good deeds glow for all to see, so that they will praise your heavenly Father."
   Do you remember your childhood innocence? The curiosity to learn and grow? The enjoyment of doing things without judgement? Why can't we have that now? All you did was get older and survived through experiences that have had an impact on how you act and behave. In order to let go of my way of life, I had to trust in God. As a child trusts their thoughts. 
   Hebrews chapter 12 verses 11-14 say, "Being punished is not enjoyable while it is happening---it hurts! But afterwards we can see the result, a quiet growth in grace and character. So take a new grip with your tired hands, stand firm on your shaky legs, and mark out a straight, smooth path for your feet so that those who follow you though weak and lame, will not fall and hurt themselves, but become strong. Try to stay out of quarrels and seek to live a clean and holy life." 
   Come play in the Light! Jesus is there! God watches over you with His Holy Spirit. Is it fantasy living? Living by faith means you believe in all of who God is. You live in the impact and affect He has upon you. Jesus says in Matthew chapter 18 verses 3 and 4, "Unless you turn to God from your sins and become as little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore anyone who humbles himself as this little child, is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven."
   The world still goes on, troubles and sadness still happen. Temptations and desires do not go away. God takes what affects you and replaces it with peace of mind. He gives you the gift of Jesus. And Jesus teaches you to trust in God. It is through God's touch upon your life that His light shines in your life. Wisdom, knowledge and understanding are His and Jesus shows us that we are to trust in God to give them to us in exchange for our praise and gratitude. 
   Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for restoring our child like behavior. In our innocence we live with Jesus, filled with holy happiness, in the presence of God. 😊         


In Isaiah chapter 58 the Israelites are attending church and worshiping God as they should be. But they are unsettled, impatient, wanting God to address them and recognize their efforts of worship and praise. In verses 3 and 4 their complaints are addressed by God as He responds with; "I'll tell you why! It's because you are living in evil pleasure even while you are fasting and you keep on oppressing your workers. Look, what good is fasting when you keep on fighting and quarreling?"
  
Acts chapter 4 verse 12.
Peter said to them, "There is salvation in Jesus Christ! Under all heaven there is no other name for men to call upon to save them."  
Acts chapter 4 verse 20. 
"We cannot stop telling about the wonderful things we saw Jesus do and heard Him say." 

John chapter 6 verses 63 and 64.
Jesus said to them, "Only the Holy Spirit gives eternal life. Those born only once, with a physical birth, will never receive this gift. But now I have told you how to get this true spiritual life. But some of you do not believe Me." (For Jesus knew from the beginning who did not believe and knew the one who would betray Him.)

1 Chronicles chapter 28 verse 9. 
King David said to Solomon, "My son, get to know the God of your fathers. Worship and serve Him with a clean heart and a willing mind, for the Lord sees every heart and understands and knows every thought. If you seek Him, you will find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will permanently throw you aside." 

Comments

Popular Posts