I'm fine!


What's that you say? You have my attention!

Proverbs chapter 2 verses 6-8.
For the Lord grants wisdom! His every word is a treasure of knowledge and understanding. He grants good sense to the godly---His saints. He is their shield, protecting them and guarding their pathway. 

Psalms chapter 19 verse 12 asks the question, "But how can I know what sins are lurking in my heart?" It is then followed by a hope filled request to God. "Cleanse me from these hidden faults. And keep me from deliberate wrongs; help me to stop doing them. Only then can I be free of guilt and innocent of some great crime." These words to God are from someone who desperately needs His help. He has probably tried and exhausted all his own ideas and has finally come to the conclusion that maybe God can help him. 
   He is seeking answers to help him deal with his guilt and shame. He then finishes with a promise, "May my spoken words and unspoken thoughts be pleasing to You, O Lord my rock and my redeemer." 
   I remember saying a prayer like this when trying to get set free from my addictions. You see I never was addicted, I only drank alcohol and smoked drugs daily. I was fine. I could hold conversations and my friends liked to come over for a change of scenery. It started to be a problem when some of my actions ticked people off. When I lost out on advancements and spoke undesirable words. When my financial woes were mounting and I was choosing recreational time over bills. When I found myself alone and wishing for a better life. I was so easily influenced by my own desires. 
   What God did was live up to His promises. In Psalms chapter 3 we find King David fleeing from his son Absalom. "O Lord, so many are against me. So many seek to harm me. But Lord, you are my shield, my glory, and my hope. You alone can lift my head, now bowed in shame. I cried out and He heard me from His Temple in Jerusalem. Then I lay down and slept in peace and woke up safely, for the Lord was watching over me." 
   Your prayers are also heard. You may come to God secretly, hiding away from others. You don't want anyone to hear you crying out to God. Your sad and seek His help. Your vulnerable and afraid of what may come if you continue on the same path. You tell Him how you feel and the desire for a better life. You speak to Him of your failures and troubles. You lie down exhausted and worn out. 
   What comes next you would have never thought could happen. You feel different. You read the Bible and realize how the words seem to relate to you. Can this be real? You want to know more. You heard about God, you heard about Jesus. You laughed and mocked believers, but now you have come to the point of needing help beyond what you can give. Your last ditch effort is to God. And thank God for Jesus, His mercy and grace to you. 
   So far you have tried be in control and you have found yourself in some pretty touchy situations. Now you have a friend in Jesus, and a Father in God. You did not have anyone before who would stand along side you, let alone help you in ways that would leave you filled with gratitude. Proverbs chapter 19 verse 24 speaks of Jesus saying, "There are 'friends' who pretend to be friends, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
   Now you have somewhere to turn, someone to talk with and someone you can trust. Your past may have not lived up to God's standards, but you had never met anyone like God before. Now you want to please Him. You want your actions and thoughts to be a reflection of the joy He has brought you. 
   In Ephesians chapter 3 verses 20 and 21 we read that it is through our joy that others grow in Christ and that this is all the master plan of God. "Now glory be to God who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or dream of---infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts or hopes. May He be given glory forever and ever through endless ages because of His master plan of salvation for the church through Jesus Christ."   
   We cannot live in doubt or fear. We have the most wonderful blessings of God, who is all wisdom and all power (Daniel chapter 2 verse 21.)  This world will easily grip you and drag you in, but if your focus is on Him then He will bless you beyond your wildest dreams. Push out anything that takes your focus off of Him and trust Him in all you do and you will find the successful joy of His love for you. 
   Thank you Father for Jesus. More than we could ever imagine or be grateful for. Yet You are real and our happiness is in life with You. 😊
        

Psalms chapter 19 verses 7-11.
God's laws are perfect. They protect us, make us wise, and give us joy and light. God's laws are pure, eternal, just. They are more desirable than gold. They are sweeter than honey dripping from a honeycomb. For they warn us away from harm and give success to those who obey them. 

James chapter 5 verse 16.
Admit your faults to one another and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results. 

Malachi chapter 3 verse 10.
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so that there will be food enough in My Temple; if you do, I will open up the windows of heaven for you and pour out a blessing so great you won't have room enough to take it in! Try it! Let Me prove it to you!


Comments

Popular Posts