Our place!

The joy is in knowing your place is with God and the love of Jesus. 


Genesis chapter 17 verse 17.
Then Abraham threw himself down in worship before the Lord, but inside he was laughing in disbelief.

Genesis chapter 17 verse 1 says; God appeared to Abram and told him, "I am the Almighty; obey Me and live as you should." 
   It says Abram fell face downward in the dust as God talked with him. God told him that he was going to be a great man, and he changed his name to Abraham. God was telling Abraham that He would give him millions of descendants who would go on to form many nations. He then told Abraham that He was going to rename his wife Sari which meant princess to become Sarah which means princess of many. And that He was going to bless the two of them with a child who they would name Isaac meaning laughter.  
   Abraham was ninety-nine years old and Sarah was ninety when God told him this. He thought maybe God is confused and is talking about Ishmael, the child he already had with the younger woman Hagar. "No," God replied, "that is not what I said" In Chapter 21 we find out that God did as He promised, Sarah became pregnant and in their old age, gave Abraham a baby son. In verse 6 Sarah declares, "God has brought me laughter! All who hear about this shall rejoice with me. For who would have dreamed that I would ever have a baby?"
   What is your life like? Every night we close our eyes and get rest. The body requires it, so it has to happen. Then your day starts. It could be a busy day filled with job and family. It could be a lonely day or a day filled with excitement. It could be a day filled with aches and pains or it could be a day spent inventing, exercising or passing the time in what ever way it turns out. 
   Things happen in our lives that can cause us to doubt, maybe even seeking an answer as to what is right. Things people say, deliberate accidents causing death, pain or suffering. Our daily routines can make us question if this is all there is. Abraham was just a guy who God approached and decided to bless. 
   Our lives can get lost in our daily mess, making us forget that God is there with us at all times. Maybe you are like myself and have gone through life not putting any thought into God at all. When grief and tension strike, you age yourself in worry, anxieties and anger. Then one day you have a thought about God. Is he real? You question why stuff happens, if there is a God who loves us so much? Have you ever given Him love or cause to love you? 
   Have you ever prayed and sought His help? And then watched as what you prayed for turned out for the better? Did you thank Him or just let it slide as another situation that dissolved away? What if what happened was a result of God intervening in your circumstances? Would that not leave you astonished? And ready to test Him again?  
   God plans everything! He does not make hasty decisions, He knows what is coming before it even happens. He is able to make the statements that He does because He is Almighty God. He is a welcoming God who's plan for everyone is to have them praise and worship Him. And He does this by interacting in our lives. 
   It is through our joy and thanksgiving for peace and purpose that Jesus stands out as our Savior. You can say what you want and follow whatever paths that you think best serve you, but why not choose the path that God has laid out for your life. 
   He is the Creator of all, including forming your body and breathing life into you. His plan for you is to focus on Him and let your joy in the life He gives you stand out, as it did with Jesus. In John chapter 11, Jesus, has come to the tomb of Lazarus. He says to the people, "Roll the stone aside" But Martha the dead mans sister says, "By now the smell will be terrible, for he has been dead four days." Jesus replied, "But did I not tell you that you will see a wonderful miracle from God if you believe?" So they rolled the stone aside, then Jesus shouted, " Lazarus come out!"
   Lazarus came out bound up in the grave-cloth, his face muffled in a head swath. Jesus told them, "Unwrap him and let him go." Jesus gave life back to Lazarus and He can do the same for you. How long have you been bound in your life. Let Jesus set you free. Maybe you think that your life is beyond help, or maybe you have a hard time believing that God is real and that Jesus, who died on a cross so many years ago, can have an affect on your life. 
   God does not care about how messed up your life is, what He cares about is you and that you believe He wants to help you. God may have created us but we are the ones who have the choice whether we recognize Him as our creator or not. You have wandered from Him and He is there for all who seek after Him. That's where you will find Jesus. 
   Jesus is our Savior. Let the things that God does for you, show you who Jesus is and then let His Holy Spirit guide you through each day. God will protect you from loosing focus of Jesus and provide everything that you will ever need. He knows your desires, He knows your troubles and weaknesses. They are the things that distract you from true joy. Keep your eyes on the prize. 
   You no longer need to wonder or search. The prize is Jesus and eternal happiness. Philippians chapter 3 verses 13 and 14, Paul said, "No, dear brothers, I am still not all I should be but I am bringing all my energies to bear on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which  God is calling us up to heaven because of what Christ Jesus did for us."
   Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for a place where we can come to. The place where you are. 😊 
        

Psalms chapter 139 verses 6-10.
This is too glorious, too wonderful to believe! I can never be lost to Your Spirit! I can never get away from my God! If I go up to heaven, You are there; if I go down to the place of the dead, You are there. If I ride the morning winds to the farthest oceans, even there Your hand will guide me, Your strength will support me.     

Romans chapter 8 verses 21-25.
It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love to do God's will so far as my new nature is concerned; but there is something else deep within me, in my lower nature, that is at war with my mind and wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. In my mind I want to be God's willing servant but instead I find myself still enslaved to sin. So you see how it is: my new life tells me to do right, but the old nature that is still inside me loves to sin. Oh, what a terrible predicament I'm in! Who will free me from my slavery to this deadly lower nature? Thank God! It has been done by Jesus Christ our Lord. He has set me free.

Comments

Popular Posts