Your Word!


Choose the path that is well lit. You will see clearly Jesus and God's way, so you won't stumble and fall. 

Psalms chapter 119 verse 89-105.
Forever, O Lord, your Word stands firm in heaven. Your faithfulness extends to every generation, like the earth You created; it endures by Your decree, for everything serves Your plans. I would have despaired and perished unless Your laws had been my deepest light. I will never lay aside Your laws, for You have used them to restore my joy and health. I am Yours! Save me! For I have tried to live according to Your desires. Though the wicked hide along the way to kill me, I will quietly keep my  mind upon Your promises. Nothing is perfect except Your words. Oh how I love them, I think about them all day long. They make me wiser than my enemies, because they are my constant guide. Yes wiser than my teachers, for I am ever thinking of Your rules. They make me even wiser than the aged. I have refused to walk the path of evil for I will remain obedient to Your Word. No, I have not turned away from what You taught me; Your words are sweeter than honey. And since only Your rules can give me wisdom and understanding, no wonder I hate every false teaching. Your Words are a flashlight to light the path ahead of me, and keep me from stumbling.  

Do you have faith like that of King David? It would be great if each day went by with only happiness and peace in it. It would be great if we never felt tired and worn down. It would be great if there was no death or sickness, but that is not real.
   The fact is when we are young we do not understand what lies ahead of us. We quickly learn that education is necessary. We learn the value of money and the need for provision. It was nice to be coddled and cared for but something has happened that suddenly brought on responsibility. Hopefully someone has been training you and developing you for the changes that are ahead. 
   To be thankful for the things you get and to know what it means to value what you have are meant to prepare you. To freely give away shows love and care. To hoard leaves your arms full with no room for anything else. 
   My first steps away from family found me with a suit case and nothing else. It was scary for me, no longer being provided for but having to provide for myself. I had to learn to count on others. I already knew what working meant and what it meant to go to places seeking employment. I knew how to open an account and save a little bit of money. 
   It never crossed my mind to seek God or go to a church. I worked, I went home and I tried to find love. I had no idea the direction I was heading. I liked recreational drugs and drinking and that led me into some shady places. There was no love for me. The people I met were very unstable and so was I, so how could any settling down come out of instability? 
   There were weddings and great parties to attend. The people I knew had the same intentions as I had. The high life was great but lonely. I got burned many times by taking chances and yet I did not learn. I still took chances and life was going by quickly. Work, home, bar, some family life and the occasional outing. Tired, worn and weary. There had to be something I was missing. 
   I knew life was not perfect. I saw others with spouses and I would hear about their issues. Yet they also talked about their kids or their recreational time. I knew that being in a relationship meant giving up my own wants in order to get along and enjoy the company of someone. Being stubborn puts you out on your own. It's also selfish. 
   I had a thought of reading the bible. I knew there were stories in it. I knew it related to God and Jesus, but I was not prepared for what happened. I liked what I was reading. It seemed to relate to my issues even though they were stories about others who were from another era, that had way less than we have today.
   I read the bible both in the morning before leaving for work and at night before bed. I took the bible with me if I traveled. It left me curious as to what would come next. I was now 40 years old and my days of late nights and hangovers was taking a toll. I stepped away from my old lifestyle that year. I prayed for help, hoping that recovery would not be to hard. My closest friends called and wanted to visit, I said ok, but no drinking alcohol or smoking was allowed. I never heard from them again. 
   The words of the bible started to show me that God's hand was upon my life. I had to work at it and it was not easy but the result was a new found relationship with Jesus and the beginning of a life changing adventure. It's been 22 years since that change in my life happened and I live with God, thankful for Jesus and the Holy Spirit. 
   The bible is more that words of encouragement, the words affect how you think and act. They are your connection to God. They set you on the path of right living as you face the challenges of each day. In the midst of a storm, Jesus comes peacefully content, letting you know that no matter what is going on He is with you. He is ready to help you focus on Him and deliver you through your troubles. 
   The challenges we face each day can bring on worry and fear but your faith in Him will provide the direction and guidance you need to be stronger. You are so thankful for His words and His love. Even in the midst of doubtful believers, you say a silent prayer for the circumstances that surround you. Your actions reflect Jesus being with you because, in the midst of His troubles, He stood with God and that is the life you want.
   Things happened to the people of the Bible and they will happen to you too. The words of the bible can change your life. It's all about trust! Are you ready? Believe that what has happened to others can happen to you. Talk to God, just as Jesus did and then watch as He does for you what you thought was overwhelming. 
   Then be thankful to God and to Jesus. You will see that it is the Holy Spirit, who is working on your behalf, to bring you closer to God.  It started with reading His Word, it continues with reading His Word and becomes your way of tearfully giving Him the praise for what He is doing in your life. 
   Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for giving us Your time and effort, as we worship and honor You.😊             
 

Proverbs chapter 3 verses 5 and 6. 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. 

Matthew chapter 24 verse 35.
Jesus told them, "Heaven and earth will disappear, but My Words remain forever." 

2 Kings chapter 22 verse 8. 
One day Hilkiah the High Priest went to Shaphan the secretary and exclaimed, "I have discovered a scroll in the Temple, with God's laws written on it!"

Genesis chapter 16 verses 13 and 14,
She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me." That is why the well was called Beer Lahai Roi; It is still there, between Kadesh and Bered.

Hebrews chapter 12 verses 12-15.
So take a new grip with your tired hands, stand firm on your shaky legs, and mark out a straight, smooth path for your feet so that those who follow after you, though weak and lame, will not fall and hurt themselves, but become strong. Try to stay out of quarrels and seek to live a clean and holy life, for one who is not holy will not see the Lord. Look after each other so that not one of you will fail to find God's best blessings. 










Comments

Popular Posts