The Living Light.


It's early morning and the day is starting. The "Living Light" is the joy of Jesus showing us a new day.   


John chapter 8 verse 12.
Jesus said to the people, "I am the Light of the world. So if you follow Me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, for living light will flood your path." 

It's May 6 and my internal clock causes me to roll over. Looking at the window I can see that the night is turning to day. I get up and as I open the bedroom door the cat is there waiting for me to emerge. I hear the puppy make a gentle moan. Taking him outside, I notice the birds chirping and hear the rooster call from the farm next door. 
   The morning was coming to life. I could hear the farm animals responding to the sound of the farmer coming. The early morning was still quiet and peaceful, the sun was peaking through the trees, the sky was blue and it felt good to enjoy it. The day was going to bring busyness. People count on us and so we do our best to be prepared for whatever may be coming. 
   In Psalm chapter 139 we read about how God knows everything about us. It says you both precede and follow me, and place your hand of blessing upon my head. That's the joy of life with God. We are never alone but living under the watchful eye of the Lord. What a contrast as to seeing and doing things as we think they should be and knowing that God is watching over your life. Caring for you and loving you as a father for his children. 
   The demands of daily living can be simple or overwhelming. Some days there is more expected of us than we want to do. Responsibilities are the things we do over and over again and they can cause us grief and boredom. It is only out of love for what we do that makes each task enjoyable. Psalms chapter 139 verses 17 and 18, "How precious it is Lord, to realize that You are thinking about me constantly! I can't count how many times a day Your thoughts turn towards me. And when I waken in the morning, You are still thinking of me!" Wow!
   His children mean everything to Him. I never knew this until I let go of always trying so hard to do things right. To find happiness in a life that was missing something. It is good to be loved and to feel loved. Yes, accomplishments bring happiness. And it is good to see the joy in others. Those closest to us think they know all about us but experience has taught us to be guarded.
   The only way to have eternal peace is not found in ourselves or others but in Jesus alone. Psalms chapter 86 says; "Tell me where You want me to go and I will go there. May every fiber of my being unite in reverence to Your name. With all my heart I will praise You. I will give glory to Your name forever, for You love me so much! You are constantly so kind! You have rescued me from the deepest hell." 
   You are the "Living Light" that has been created by God and brought into life with God by Jesus and now you have the Holy Spirit filling you with God's amazing love, power and strength. Your gratitude shows your love and happiness for God's mercies and blessings. 
   Not everyday is perfect and we do have emotions and attitudes, but by starting your day with Jesus you can bring His "Living Light" into the day you're about to face.  
   Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for Your love, Your Mercies and Grace. There are not enough words to express the honor and worship that our hearts long to tell You. 😊

Psalm 119 verses 102-106.
No, I haven't turned away from what You taught me; Your words are sweeter than honey. And since only Your rules can give me wisdom and understanding, no wonder I hate every false teaching. Your words are a flashlight to light the path ahead of me, and keep me from stumbling. I've said it once and I'll say it again and again: I will obey theses wonderful laws of Yours. 

Genesis chapter 1 verses 3- 5.
Then God said, "Let there be light." And light appeared. And God was pleased with it, and divided the light from the darkness. So He let it shine for awhile, and then there was darkness again. He called the light "daytime," and the darkness "nighttime." Together they formed the first day. 

Deuteronomy chapter 5 verses 32 and 33.
So Moses told the people, "You must obey all the commandments of the Lord your God, following the directions in every detail, going the whole way He laid out for you; only then will you live long and prosperous lives in the land you are to enter and possess."

Philippians chapter 2 verse 13.
For God is at work within you, helping you want to obey Him, and then helping you do what He wants. 

John chapter 1 verses 1-5.
Before anything else existed, there was Christ, with God. He has always been alive and is Himself God. He created everything there is---nothing exists that He did not make. Eternal life is in Him, and this life gives light to all mankind. His life is the light that shines through the darkness---and the darkness can never extinguish it. 

Comments

Popular Posts