No different!

Trust in what you read. Jesus can change everything. 

2 Corinthians chapter 12 verse 10.
Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am happy about "the thorn" and about insults and hardships, persecutions and difficulties; for when I am weak, then I am strong---the less I have, the more I depend on Him. 

You have a strong faith. You believe in God as Father, in Christ His Son and in the Holy Spirit. Yet we face problems and issues everyday. Problems that could cause us great grief if we let it. 
   Our issues are no different than anyone else's. We all have to deal with survival. We all have to work and we struggle with relationships. We are all aging and with that comes health issues. Sometimes we are struck hard early in life, leaving us angry and confused. The same issues happen to all of us, and we all deal with them in our own ways.
   I used to hide away from them using alcohol and drugs. For years I wanted a relationship with someone but I found it easier to numb the world from my mind, then to face reality. I paid my bills, had a car and shelter. The few friends I had liked the same things I did, so we really never knew each other or cared too much about anything. 
   One day, I was offered an escape. At least to me it felt like an opportunity for new beginnings. I had no idea where it was going to go, but I wanted to go and find something new. I continued along the same paths I had always travelled, the only difference was the people I knew were now travelling to where I was. 
   Things had not changed, it was only a different location. I looked to purchase drugs in my new area, and the people I did meet, did not care about me, they only wanted what I wanted. To get high and to hide away from reality. 
   All around me was beauty, I was just not seeing it. Then I thought of the bible. Maybe I needed to find out what it said. At first I treated it like any other book. I read it at my convenience, you know with a drink and maybe a little glow on. Then I wanted to read a bit each night before I went to sleep. I started taking it with me when I traveled. I struggled a bit with wanting to talk about the book I was reading with others but I knew they would only shrug it off and not care for hearing it. 
   It was a book that I did not want to put down. I found myself wanting to praise God, and my mom was happy to hear I was reading it. She said I should go to church, but that was one institution that I did not want to become part of. It all came together when the person, I thought was half decent, told me they were involved with someone and that they would like to come, stay at the house on their vacation. 
   I had just turned 40 years of age and I needed a new start. My friends called to visit, so I told them they were welcome but there would be no smoking and no drinking. I never saw them again. I went through some tough times as I recovered from years of abuse and all the while I held closely to the word of God. 
   When I look back I see now how God had everything happen in His timing so that I would understand and be at peace with Him. I was growing and I am still growing 21 years later. I quit alcohol, and smoking the year I turned 40. The high for me was now reality itself. People were different, I was different and I enjoyed each day, looking forward to the next. It was another 8 years before I met my wife, but that too was a blessing from God. 
   So much has happened, was I any different from anyone else? Yes I was. I was led to pick up the bible and that changed everything. It was not a sudden change but today I read it in the morning and before I go to bed. I am thankful for the bible and how God works through me. I'm now involved in church, because it is what I want to do. It is where I get to hear more about God and where I worship Him with others in song and praise. 
   I was led to my lowest point before God in His subtle way lifted me up. I was sinking but He cleared the path and made the ground solid for me to walk upon. Before I paid my bills, put food on my table, provided a roof over my head and never found love. I had distanced myself from family and hung around people who cared more for the fix than who I was. 
   Life did not change, I did. All I did was see God for who He is and that made my heart so happy to be thankful to Him. I wanted to shout it out! I wanted to scream in joy but then everyone would have thought I was a little bit off. So I kept the happiness under control. Actually it was with the help of the Holy Spirit, and when the time is needed the right words come out of me. 
   I'm no different than anyone else except that I walk on the path of life with God. I'm human, I have emotions but I am also a child of God. And He watches over me. And He wants so bad to watch over you too.   
Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for Your inspiration. I never saw You coming but boy You did have such an amazing affect. 😊      


2 Corinthians chapter 13 verse 14.
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. May God's love and the Holy Spirit's friendship be yours.

Romans chapter 8 verse 17.
And since we are His children, we will share His Son's treasures---for all God gives to His Son Jesus is now ours too. But if we are to share His glory, we must also share His suffering.

John chapter 16 verses 7-14.
Jesus told the disciples, "But the fact of the matter is that it is best for you that I go away, for if I don't, the Comforter won't come. If I do, He will---for I will send Him to you.
And when He has come He will convince the world of it's sin, and of the availability of God's goodness, and of deliverance from judgement. The world's sin is unbelief in Me; there is righteousness available because I go to the Father and you shall see Me no more; there is deliverance from judgement because the prince of this world has already been judged. 
Oh, there is so much more I want to tell you, but you cannot understand it now. When the Holy Spirit who is truth, comes, He shall guide you into all truth, for He will not be presenting His own ideas, but will be passing onto you what He has heard. He will tell you about the future. He shall praise Me and bring Me great honor by showing you My glory."  




Comments

Popular Posts