Our heavenly Father

There is nothing like feeling loved and forever with those who love you. Thank You Father for Jesus. 


Romans chapter 8 verses 15-17.
And so we should not be like cringing fearful slaves, but we should behave like God's very own children, adopted into the bosom of His family and calling to Him, "Father, Father." For His Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts, and tells us that we really are God's children. And since we are His children, we share His treasures---for all God gives to his Son Jesus is now ours too. But if we are to share in His glory, we must also share in His suffering. 

Is your dad a big part of your life? 
   I think that dad's and mom's are equally important roll models in our lives. They raise us to treat other people properly, to be kind and considerate, and to have good judgement. Each one has an affect on us in their own special way. Mom's are usually the ones that dote over us, making sure that we are properly dressed and fed. Dad's do that stuff too but they are also known as the 'Father figure.' Dad's and mom's are equally strong figures in our lives yet each has their own affect upon us. They are the ones who make a big impact on who we become. We are influenced by who they are and the household in which we grow up in.
   We cannot stop the circumstances that take place in our lives. Things happen and our parents are supposed to be there to guide us along the right paths that lead us along as we age. For example education, relationships, sports and healthy living. And when the time is right, be there as you get your "first's." You know; your first let down, your first accomplishment, your first injury, your first step out the door, your first job, your first graduation, your first love. They are there when you have financial troubles, they are there when you walk down the aisle to marriage, they are supposed to be there forever.
   My dad died suddenly in November of my 20th year. I loved and respected my dad, but I never spent time with him. I was greedy and self-centered. As a child I thought he was huge and strong. I used to watch him shave, cut the lawn, work in the gardens and he always sat at the head of the kitchen table. He was my dad, he was there for me when I needed him. He always provided a home for me and food to eat. 
   It was a blood clot that took his life. I felt robbed of him no longer being there. I should have played pool with him, I should have gone fishing with him. I should have gone to see the Blue Jays or the Argos with him, but I did not and now he was gone. I separated myself from my family. I stayed in touch with my mom but she had her own issues and I preferred to deal with things in my own way. 
   Eight years passed and on one of my many impaired passed out nights, I had such a realistic dream. I dreamed of being in the family room of our home talking to some of my friends, when suddenly I noticed my dad standing at the top of the stairs. I was confused and wanted so bad to introduce my friends to him. I woke up in cold sweat.  I called my mom even though it was 2am, it was too real to let go. 
   She told me that I was experiencing the love I had for dad and that he would always be held close in my heart and thoughts. I sat on the bed and thought. It felt like the bed moved a little, so weird. I felt like the weight of dad leaving me was gone. That experience left me at peace with the memories of a good dad, who loved me. 
   It was many years later when I turned to God and found His Son Jesus. That was also when I was accepted into His family, realizing that God has always had His eye on me. Watching over me and wondering when the time would come that I turn to Him for help. 
   My mom and dad had tried to teach me about who God is. Who Jesus is and the significance of walking with them in life. I was taken to church where I thought of it as a chance to see others and have fun being an hooligan and disrupting the classes. All the while the word of God was implanted in my thoughts. 
   In 1 Thessalonians chapter 4 we are taught about what happens to us when we die. The emptiness of loosing my dad affected me until the experience of that night. That is when I learned he was not gone but alive in my memories forever. I do miss his laugh, but I hear him each time I think of him. God is hope and through His Son we find our home, leaving us rested and filled with peace.
   This world will try to cause us grief. Doing it's best to fill us with sorrow, but Jesus shows us the world God created and how He does not want us to miss a moment of it. It is in knowing He is with us and that He is our heavenly Father who provides and takes care of us, disciplines us and directs us in right living so that we are thankful. 
   We were lost, but now we are home. It is through the happiness of our smile that others may find their way to Jesus. That night I experienced God's love through Jesus. His hand was placed upon me as I sat there trying to understand what seemed so real. My mom told me that my dad would forever be with me and somehow I knew that was true, giving me the acceptance and peace I needed. 
   It was some twenty years latter when I turned to Jesus and asked Him for help. I always had a sense of where I needed to turn and I'm thankful for that night, for my dad and for Jesus who sat with me and comforted me. God is our heavenly Father who watches over all His children. 
   Thank You Father for Jesus. Thank You for family, friends and everyone we meet. Our home with you is the conversation we have with each other. 😊        
      
John chapter 17 verses 25 and 26.
Jesus spoke; "O righteous Father, the world does not know You, but I do; and these disciples know You sent Me. And I have revealed You to them, and will keep on revealing You so that the mighty love You have for Me may be in them, and I in them."       

Proverbs chapter 1 verses 7-9.
How does a man become wise? The first step is to trust and reverence the Lord! Only fools refuse to be taught. Listen to your father and mother. What you learn from them will stand you in good stead; it will gain you many honors.  

Romans chapter 8 verses 19-21.
For all creation is waiting patiently and hopefully for that future day when God will resurrect His children. For on that day thorns and thistles, sin, death, and decay---the things that overcame the world against it's will at God's command---will all disappear, and the  world around us will share in the glorious freedom from sin which God's children enjoy. 

Matthew chapter 6 verses 9-13.
Jesus told them to pray along these lines: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."





 

Comments

Popular Posts