God's direction.


Isaiah chapter 50 verse 4.
"The Lord God has given me His words of wisdom so that I may know what I should say to all these weary ones. Morning by morning He wakens me and opens my understanding to His will."

What a difference life is with God and knowing Jesus. It is nothing like I could have ever thought it would be like. I always thought that it was I who had to take care of everything.
   My parents took me to church when I was young. But that was in the sixty's. More people went to church back then. It seemed like the thing to do. However in my teens I found that I wanted to fit in. So, I did the things that others were doing and fell away from church. I never really had paid any attention to the bible anyway.
   Well life did what it was going to do with me. I did get a good job and held onto it. It paid for my necessities and gave me a little extra. I had a few relationships but I was always unsettled. I wanted to go..... I wanted to do. I was having what I thought was fun.
   I may have helped others, but I did not put too much thought into it. I guess I was looking for gratitude and thankfulness. I always ended up alone and in my thoughts. One thing that did not stop changing was age. I was getting older and even though I was doing this and doing that, life seemed empty with no purpose.
   I was forty years old when I finally realized that maybe I was looking in the wrong places for happiness and contentment. No one was forcing me to come before God. It was a decision I made on my own. There has to be something. There has to be a better life than the one I am living in now.
    What I found out was that God was waiting for me to call out to Him. I found out about Jesus and His love for all people. I did change. The more I read the bible, the more I found myself not doing other things. The things that I had thought were fun and real. I was not being duped or misled. I was not becoming part of any cult or organization. I was freely seeking help and finding happiness.
   I was amazed by the way my life was changing. Goodness and better health replaced sadness and confusion. Was it God, was it Jesus? Well they are the only things I had changed so, it had to be them. And oh how thankful I have become.
   I would have never thought that there could be such wonderful happiness. And what did I do to deserve this happiness? Well, it definitely was not the way I was living my life. I may be a good person but I lived in sadness and guilt. I went along with the crowds and did things I was not proud of.
   That is why the happiness I am experiencing today is the joy of life in the presence of Jesus. It is knowing that God is watching over me. If I am sick, He is there. He knows my financial problems, He knows my hidden secrets and how tired I am of my addictions. He knows how I longed for love. And He is the one who has opened my mind to see Jesus. Through Jesus I am living in the joy of God's love for me.
   No matter what happens, God our Father is always there and Jesus is right there with you and the happiness of God's Holy Spirit fills you with everlasting love and thanksgiving. You have not done anything except find the happiness that you have always wanted. It is your happiness that God wants and it is your thankfulness that He loves.
   You may not fully understand why, but you do know you are enjoying where you are at. You never thought it would be possible to find love and freedom from all the confusion of your mixed up life. But it is God who has made it possible for you to know Jesus. The temptations are still there,but instead of willing following them you now choose Jesus.
   How many times through the day are you going to fight off the temptation to enjoy your old ways? Probably more than you would like but it is the prize you keep your sights on. This new found place of refuge and joy. Your heart and mind are filled with songs of praise.
   Thank you Father for Jesus. Thank you that you have a place for all who seek you. An everlasting joy! 😊   
 
 
Psalms chapter 64 verses 9 and 10.
"Then everyone shall stand in awe and confess the greatness of the miracles of God; at last they will realize what amazing things He does. And the godly shall rejoice in the Lord, and trust and praise Him."

Isaiah chapter 55 verses 8 and 9.
"This plan of Mine is not what you would work out, neither are My thoughts the same as yours! For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than yours, and My thoughts than yours."

Psalms chapter 1 verse 3.
"They are like trees along a river bank bearing luscious fruit each season without fail. Their leaves shall never wither, and all they do shall prosper."

John chapter 10 verses 28 and 29.
"I give them eternal life and they shall never perish. No one shall snatch them away from Me, for My Father has given them to Me, and He is more powerful than anyone else, so no one can kidnap them from Me. I and the Father are one."

Comments

Popular Posts