More than we think!


1 Corinthians chapter 1 verses 24 and 25.
"But God has opened the eyes of those called to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, to see that Christ is the mighty power of God to save them; Christ Himself is the center of God's wise plan for their salvation. This so called 'foolish' plan of God is far wiser than the wisest plan of the wisest man, and God in His weakness---Christ dying on the cross---is far stronger than any man."

What the heck are you talking about? Who is this God, that we cannot see or touch? There may have been some guy named Jesus die on a cross many years ago, but what does that have to do with me today?
   My problems are real. People are always attacking me for the mistakes I make. Everyone wants what I have---the stuff I have to worked hard to get and to hold onto. I'd be lucky if I could take a vacation or have enough to get something special for myself. Look over there, it is the rich guy who's only worry is everyone trying to get and enjoy what he has.
   So, is this God, that people talk about, real?  Lot's of people think so. The bible writes about Him and how powerful He is. The people whom believe in Him; believe that it was His love for people that caused Him to send His Son Jesus to earth. And it is through Jesus that those who believe can find salvation.
   What is salvation? What do I need saving from? Everyday I go to work. I make a wage and pay my bills. I provide for myself and my family. So what if I have debt. Tomorrow I will pay it back. Even if I do not have debt and there is plenty of provision and there is a lavish lifestyle, what do I need saving from?
   Salvation is peace and contentment. God has always said that people can find peace and contentment in Him. All they have to do is let go of all their own desires and trust in Him to provide. For all things are given to us from God. Our bodies, this world in which we live in, and the very thoughts that we think each moment of each day, all are from Him.
   If this is true than why have I not followed after this before? It seems to unbelievable that total peace and happiness can be found in following God and being thankful for all His love and provision. Yes! you do have a choice. In fact there are many choices you can seek after, that state they can give you the understanding and peace you are looking for.
   Why can't life be simple? Why can't I hide away, or just mind my own business and not bother with anyone else? I wake up, I enjoy the day. I go fishing or camping. I enjoy smoking and drinking. I not bothering anyone, so what are you talking about, that you think I need help with?
   You are no different than anyone else. Your problems are the same as those who have come before you. Go ahead keep on living as you think is right. There is always going to be someone who will listen to you and you can get by. Live as you think is right and do not let God or anyone else tell you any different. Tomorrow is going to come and you will get to do, what you have planed for it.
   God is the ultimate peace. Jesus is the only way and it is through His Holy Spirit that true happiness can be achieved. What happens when you get fed up and frustrated? Who do you blame when financial issues become to great to deal with? Who is there to help you when relationships falter? How do you deal with the death of a loved one? Are you alone when it comes to your own failing health?
   It is not good when there is one struggle after another. There can come a point in someones life when you need answers and are forever feeling tired and weary. Picking up the bible will guide you in the right direction. God wants to know you and to have you know Him. There is so much goodness to come from following Jesus. The answers that you seek do lie in trusting God and His promises.
   Think of the most powerful place you could be and no one or nothing can get at you. Would that not be amazing if such a place was real? The bible tells us that life with God is far more than anything we could ever imagine. There is a total difference between the life you live now and the life you can have with God. The difference is your peace and happiness. It is a relationship that will last a lifetime and beyond. A joy that brings tears of gratitude and overwhelming astonishment. Take the steps to find out for yourself. Test Him! Test God and find Jesus. You will be forever thankful.
   Thank you Father for Jesus and a joy that we would have never thought could be possible. 😊

Proverbs chapter 16 verse 1.
"We can make our plans, but the final out come is in God's hands."

Ephesians chapter 2 verses 5 and 6.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith---and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God---not by works, so that no one can boast."

Jeremiah chapter 29 verse 11.
"For I know the plans I have for you say's the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

 

Comments

Popular Posts