Forgiveness.


Ephesians chapter 2 verses 1-3.
"Once your were under God's curse, doomed forever for your sins. You went along with the crowd and were just like all the others, full of sin, obeying Satan, the mighty prince of the power of the air, who is at work right now in the hearts of those who are against the Lord. All of us used to be just as they are, our lives expressing the evil within us, doing every wicked thing that our passions or our evil thoughts might lead us into. We started out bad, being born with evil natures, and were under God's anger just like everyone else."

How bad was your youth? Is your adult life an extension of your youthful desires and passions?
   You should have been guided by adults, whom through their experiences, lead you along the right paths of learning. I'm a guy and when I think back, I don't think I was that bad, but in reality I did a lot of things that were mean.
   I never could stay still. I never put much thought into the things I did and the things I got away with. I was all over town. Seeing new things and getting into mischief. At first it was my neighborhood friends. The guys played hockey and the girls did what ever they did. We liked to bully them, but never put too much thought into them. We were too busy playing "nicky nicky nine doors" or letting our imaginations create games to pass our time.
   The discovery of the pond and the forest lead to rafts being built and hidden forts. The local convenience store held the mouth watering candy that everyone wished they could have. School led to new friends and doing what was needed to fit in. Stealing to impress others was not right, but it did happen. You knew it was wrong but you did not want to be left out of the gang. Treating others badly for the sake of being a show off was not nice. But it happened.
   Curiosity of the opposite sex led to having girlfriends and kissing. You quickly learned of deception and breakup's. Confusion led to angry thoughts and sometimes fights where someone would get hurt. Getting the drivers licence meant that you were no longer held down. You could pick up your friends and experience new places. Field parties were always fun and that led to learning of cigarettes, drugs, load music and alcohol.
   As a youth you never even knew how fast it was going by. The changes that happen to you were the the choices you made. Some liked education and church and following the crowds of their circles. The crowds you followed took you places and gave you new experiences, your energy level was going through the roof. You got a job, you enjoyed the bands and getting high with your friends. Death happened and life went on. You went camping, fishing, hunting, new towns and the end of school.
   Now what? A full time job? Doing what? There was no money for college or university so what were you to do? Just accept what fate was going to bring you? You knew there were good jobs to be had, you just had to get your foot in the door. But what about my friends and all the good times? Everyone you knew was changing, they were going off to learn new things on their own. You had to face the facts of growing up. The problem was that you enjoyed the feeling of alcohol, and drugs; you liked the silly laughter, and the load music.
   You have grown to accept how others live and maybe even longing for some change to your life. You have been hurt and your job, well, as long as you did it, then you continued drinking and enjoying your music and drugs. You want to be loved and you see it all around you, but you have become guarded to trusting in others. 
   I was forty years old when my eyes were opened. I had been so selfish. I liked people but no matter what I was doing I was not happy and satisfied. I did not want to be alone. Maybe God could help.
I picked up the bible to find out more. And more is what I got. Maybe it was the leading of the Holy Spirit that led me to pick up the bible, but there was peace and satisfaction to be had in it.
   I gave up all the 'good things' and fought out a battle for freedom. I was going to die one way or another so why not try to live. God led me to Jesus and the ultimate in happiness. I had to trust in Him and not the fears of what may happen. He heard my cry, He brought me safely away from my habits and showed me what it means to trust in Him. And so when faced with a emotions and mistakes, Jesus tells me to trust in God. Guess what? It works!
   He is real, He is way stronger than you would ever think and He loves you. Don't ask why, just be thankful. It is through your joy and happiness that others may find their way. My life changed 20 years ago, I'm now turning 60 years old and my only regret is that I never found life with God sooner. I have lot's of great memories of the people and places I went, but nothing compares to the life I have now, with Jesus. Get to know Him and you will find out what I mean. He wants to know you!
   Thank you Father for Jesus and You wonderful forgiveness. 😊

Ephesians chapter 2 verses 4-9.
"But God is so rich in mercy; He loved us so much that even though we were spiritually dead and doomed by our sins, He gave us back our lives again when He raised Christ from the dead---only by His undeserved favor have we ever been saved---and lifted us from the grave into glory along with Christ, where we sit with Him in the heavenly realms---all because of what Christ Jesus did. And now God can always point to us as examples of how very, very rich His kindness is, as shown in all He has done for us through Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians chapter 9 verse 15.
"Thank God for His Son---His gift too wonderful for words."

Psalms chapter 92 verses 1-5.
"It is good to say 'Thank you' to the Lord, to sing praises to the God who is above all god's. Every morning tell Him, 'Thank you for Your kindness,' and every evening rejoice in all His faithfulness. Sing His praises, accompanied by music from the harp and lute and lyre. You have done so much for me, O Lord. No wonder I am glad! I sing for joy."

         

Comments

Popular Posts