Anniversary time


 

Proverbs chapter 12 verse 9.
“It is better to get your hands dirty---and eat, than to be too proud to work---and starve.”

Do you enjoy life? It is my wedding anniversary week and we have booked a cottage. Our anniversary happens in late fall and this year the colors are spectacular. The water is totally calm, like a piece of glass reflecting the sky and trees.
Yet, I find it hard to relax and take in all the beauty around me. I do sit look and take in the wondrous beauty of God’s creations. My wife and I have enjoyed the walks along the roadway surrounded by aged maples, oaks and giant pine trees. The ground is covered in pine needles and maple leafs of all colors. Yet, our conversations are interrupted with the regular daily routines of stuff back home. Three geese caught my attention just now with their honking sounds. I watched as they came across the top of the glassy water. One of them let their wing skim the top causing a ripple and then they all landed smoothly. Wow! God sure knows how to give a person a good time.
Everyone has gone into town leaving just the dog and I. There is no sound except the occasional animal making noises I have never heard before. It is so peaceful. I’m on day four of my week away and just beginning to appreciate the meaning of no television, no Wi-Fi, no radio and time spent thanking God for the life He has blessed me with.
Actually today is my anniversary date and I have lots to be thankful for. I read this morning about how three are stronger than two.  My wife is a Christian and we walk our daily lives knowing that Jesus is with us. It may take a few days to clear out some of the clutter that fills my thoughts but I do work hard to let those thoughts be filled with the joy of living in God’s presence.
I do look forward to this time away for it changes up my daily work routine. It gives me the restored refreshment I need. I start each day with God and no matter the tasks I face I am happy that God is with me. The work load may seem heavy and never ending but that is the way God wants it. Keep your mind fresh and strong by giving yourself the needed time away and enjoy the beauty of all God provides. Plan your next project and smile as you sing a praise song. Then give God the deserved gratitude for standing at your side and making you successful.
Your joy for life is reflected in your daily life. When you feel good others are relaxed around you. It is good to encourage others and let them have the credit for achievements. Make everyone feel as if they matter and have purpose.
Thank you Father for Jesus and a moment of rest where Your creations can be appreciated.

Ecclesiastes chapter 4 verse 12.
“Three is even better, for a triple braided cord is not easily broken.”

1 Corinthians chapter 1 verses 8 and 9.
“He guarantees right up to the end that you will be counted free from all sin and guilt on that day when He returns. God will surely do this for you, for He always does just what He says, and He is the one who invited you into this wonderful friendship with His Son, even Christ our Lord.”

2 Peter chapter 1 verse 5.
“But to obtain these gifts, you need more than faith; you must work hard to be good, and even that is not enough. For then you must learn to know God better and discover what he wants you to do.”

  

Comments

Popular Posts