Family


Ephesians chapter 1 verses 4 and 5.
"Long ago, even before He made the world. God chose us to be His very own, through what Christ would do for us; He decided then to make us holy in His eyes, without an single fault---we who stand before Him covered with His love. His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into His own family by sending Jesus Christ to die for us. And He did this because He wanted to!"

It's great to belong to a family. There once was a time where I thought I could do without all their rules and meddling into my life's affairs.
   We always gathered for Christmas and sometimes Easter but other than that I stayed away, preferring to not be involved in the drama of family life. I'm sure the paths I chose led me to solitude rather than allowing someone to get close to me.
   I guess it was easier to deal with my own faults, than it was to let others be involved. Besides they always brought their issues into my life, like I cared. They are nice to visit and to catch up on all the gossip. It is nice to see the children and how fast they grow. It is nice the memories of childhood and of my brothers and sisters. I have always stayed close to my Mom.
   Times changed and hearts softened. Now when we gather, I'm happy to be part of their lives. To have known them as long as I have. There is still drama, but the children now have children of their own. They have families. And my wife and I are welcomed by all these people who see us as family.
   Have you ever been working and used the expression "By just a hair." You know, that piece needs just a hair more removed, so it will fit. Or that was just missed, by a hair. You and your thoughts know how much that thickness is or how close you came and others have a notion of what you are talking about, but they cannot grasp exactly what you are thinking.
   It takes a lot of time spent together to really know what the other person is thinking. I threw in the above example because I did something that required just a small amount wood removed and when I said "By just a hair" I thought who knows how much that is but, God and I.
   God knows all our thoughts; our hopes, our desires and our dreams. Nothing is hidden, we are exposed for who we are. That makes a huge difference on how we act. Because when we are in the presence of others we put on our best face. There is no difference in how we act when we are with certain people or alone. When you belong to God's family you are no longer alone in this world. God is with you always.
   With nothing to hide and nowhere to conceal anything, we are happy and content. There is nothing better than belonging to God's family. Where Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the joy of worship and peace and you are part of His love.
   That changes how you love people and they love the way you have changed. The best part of God is Jesus and you are now His brother, in His family.
   Thank you Father for Jesus and our place in Your home. 😊 

Romans chapter 15 verse 5.
"May God who gives patience, steadiness, and encouragement help you live in complete harmony with each other---each with the attitude of Christ toward the other."

John chapter 14 verse 7.
"If you had known who I am, then you would have known who My Father is. From now on you know Him---and have seen Him."

Ephesians chapter 5 verse 1.
"Follow God's example in everything you do just as a much loved child imitates his father. Be full of love for others, following the example of Christ who loved you and gave Himself to God as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, for Christ's love for you was like sweet perfume to Him."   

Comments

Popular Posts