A deep breath!


Proverbs chapter 2 verses 9 and 10.
"He shows how to distinguish right from wrong, how to find the right decision every time. For wisdom and truth will enter the very center of your being, filling your life with joy."

When I first read that verse I thought that it was just what I needed. But it was out of my reach. I had lived so long with wrong that there would be no way that a few words were going to change my life.
   I could see that I was hanging with the wrong people and that I had false hopes for what my future looked like. The change had to start with me and I was afraid that I could not step away from years of wrong living.
   I had to trust in God and take those steps. I did not know what the future looked like, but I did know I wanted what the words of the bible were offering me. I thought that my issues were bad, but as I became free from addictions I saw a world that had terrible holds on people. God had provided for me an out and it was only through trusting in Him that I was able to change.
   Being set free was not easy, for addictions and people did not want to let me go. My thoughts struggled with the losses and my heart felt heavy for my friends. I was given an opportunity and the bible was giving me the strength and guidance I needed. We all have our issues and chains that we drag around. Ask yourself what it is that you need to set you free?
   Maybe your connections to others makes you feel obligated to stay and accept what life gives you. Maybe you like the feeling you get when a drug has it's way with you. Maybe you feel helpless and unable to get the needed help to set you on the right paths. There is a never ending list of reasons for the lives that people have and how they feel about themselves.
   Thank God for Jesus. He helped me and He can help you. No matter your situation, pick up His word and get to know Him. Nothing changed overnight or so I thought. I was still the same person in the morning and the day ahead was the same as usual. I needed a miracle! But those words of hope were strong.
   My reading led to Jesus and the love God has for people. I felt really good about the words of the bible. It was changing me. I held close to God's promises and spoke to Him constantly. The people I knew continued without me and I overcame the addictions. Even if you cannot step away, there is hope in God and Jesus. He has the power to heal your heart and provide the way.
   Miracles can happen, all you need to do is believe and trust in God's promises. They are true and real. Maybe you can become the person writing their words to help others know what God did for them. It took a lot of years for the world of hate and sadness to take it's hold, but God is not going anywhere and He has the time to spend with you.
   We are to come before Him with the innocence of a child. Think back to the joy you knew as a child before life took a grip on you. That joy can be had again and you will feel as that child again. That is why life with Jesus is new beginnings with God. You can have what you want, in a life where God provides everything you need. Let His love for you be the steps you take, always knowing that Jesus is holding you close. Watch as your life changes.
   Thank you Father for Jesus and the words that are needed to help everyone know hope. 😊

Proverbs chapter 2 verses 3-5.
"Yes, if you want better insight and discernment, and are searching for them as you would for lost money or treasure, then wisdom will be given you, and knowledge of God Himself; you will soon learn the importance of reverence for the Lord and of trusting Him."

Romans chapter 12 verse 2.
"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think. Then you will learn from your own experience how His ways will really satisfy you."

Matthew chapter 18 verses 2-4.
Jesus called a small child over to Him and set the little fellow down among them, and said, "Unless you turn to God from your sins and become as little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore anyone who humbles himself as this little child, is the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven.

Comments

Popular Posts