Ordinary people

2 Corinthians chapter 10 verses 3 and 4.
"It is true that I am an ordinary, weak  human being, but I do not use human plans and methods to win my battles. I use God's mighty weapons, not those made by men, to knock down the devil's strongholds."

Before I followed Jesus, I followed my own desires and wishes. I did not know who or what Jesus was about. I had heard of Him and that He was known as God's Son. I was aware that He was crucified by the Romans and the stories of Him being put in a grave and then when others came they found the grave empty. I owned a bible, but had never read it. I knew that Jesus could do miracles but never thought they could apply to my life.
   I enjoyed drinking alcohol and getting together with my friends, socializing to the wee hours of the morning. I enjoyed the banter of making fun of others and being the one people talked about who liked to help and get involved. I thought my life was ok. I just could not understand why I was lonely. Everyone I tried to have a close relationship with was struggling with their own issues and always brought it with them when we talked.
   My life seemed humdrum. There had to be something better. I decided to read the bible. Maybe what I was looking for was in God. What I found was that the people in the bible were no different than me. They wanted the protection of God but were easily distracted and followed after there own wants instead of believing that God could provide all they needed.
   It was like reading a story of my own life. I was amazed when God sent Jesus and how brutal the people treated Him. Jesus was talking of forgiveness and a way for all people to be reborn into a new life with God. The people fought change, yet for those who did believe that Jesus is God's Son and the wonderful life He was offering, they accepted His promises.
   Things did change for me. I asked for forgiveness and followed after Jesus wanting a life with God. My friends changed, my life changed. I enjoyed the way I was living. I have been on a amazing journey, where I am meeting wonderful people who believe like I do and the odd opportunity to share with someone who might be curious, as I once was. 
   My life is far from perfect. I make mistakes and often question if I am following the right paths. However The journey I am on is filled with promise and hope. There is nothing that could draw me away from walking with Jesus, living with God and a life with the Holy Spirit. God has proven to always be there with me and the Holy Spirit is keeping me safe from harm.
   Jesus is helping me see God for the amazing love that He has for me. He fills me with the right things to say and do that help others come to know how wonderful God is. There is no doubt in my mind that God loves all people and He sent Jesus to show us how to find and live with God's wonderful love. 
   No matter what your life is like, God is waiting to introduce you to Jesus. Pick up the bible and get to know God and His love for people. What you will find is that He has been all around you, you just have had no need for Him up till now.
   Thank you Father for Jesus and for humbly helping us to see Your love. 😊 

2 Peter chapter 1 verse 10.
"So, dear brothers, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen, and then you will never stumble or fall away."

1 Corinthians chapter 2 verse 9.
"That is what is meant by the Scriptures which say that no mere man has ever seen, heard or even imagined what wonderful things God has ready for those who love the Lord."

Isaiah chapter 41 verse 10.
Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with My victorious right hand."
     

Comments

Popular Posts