Just ask!


Colossians chapter 3 verses 23 and 24.
"Work hard and cheerfully at all you do, just as though you were working for the Lord and not merely for your masters, remembering that it is the Lord Christ who is going to pay you, giving you your full portion of all He owns. He is the one you are really working for."

Do you remember the job you did not like and how you wanted to get out of doing it? You were not happy, you were told to do the job and that left you frustrated. Maybe you put up with the job you have, because it is your income and you believe that you can't afford to let it go to try and find something better.
   I remember the day when I was seventeen and told my dad that I was moving out. He advised me to work hard at what I do and to do it to the best of my ability. If you work like that, then someone will notice and you will be appreciated for your work ethics. He said, no mater what the job, sweeping a floor or being a boss of others, do your best and you will be respected.
   That did work, but there were still attitudes and the struggle with others to make more. Pride became a big factor in the skills that I had learned. I thought focus and become good at what you do and then no one will want to move you because you are the one with the knowledge. Wow! Was I wrong.
   I may have been in a position for many years, where I was valued for my knowledge and skills but the day came when the company thought I should be doing something else. I argued and acted like a child who is having their best toy being taken away from them. I was hurt and felt like my value was being questioned. It was a good lesson for me and no matter how much I bickered, no one could do anything about the coming changes.
   I was 6 months into my new position when I was called into the office for a job review. I was startled to find that my fellow workers thought I was hard to get along with. They felt uncomfortable working with me. It was my attitude that had to change. I had not even seen what I was doing. How blind I was.
   I asked God to forgive me. I called for the Holy Spirit to change how I felt and to make me aware of situations that were leading me along wrong paths. The changes that happened can be compared to night and day. They were subtle changes. I was the first to notice that I was enjoying my work, just like I did at my first job as a youth, full of energy and spunk.
  The next time I was brought in for a review, I was given compliments and told that they liked my work habits. I knew it was God and that Jesus was working through me. I felt amazing and so thankful.
   No matter what you are doing take God with you. Be thankful that He is with you. Hum songs of praise and talk with Him about everything. Expect Him to guide you and you will see His love radiate from all you do. That does not mean that the road will always be smooth. For there will be those who challenge you. There will be words spoken out of line and mistakes made, but don't lose sight of Jesus. Keep talking to Him. Let your focus be on God and His love for you.
   God is a joy that will be with you forever. Just as you are a joy to Him.
   Thank you Father for Jesus and helping us to keep life simple by trusting in You for everything, all the time. 

Colossians chapter 3 verse 10.
"You are living a brand new kind of life that is continually learning more and more of what is right, and trying constantly to be more and more like Christ who created this new life within you."

John chapter 11 verses 9 and 10.
Jesus replied, "There are twelve hours of daylight every day, and during every hour of it a man can walk safely and not stumble. Only at night is there danger of a wrong step, because of the dark."
(Walk in the Light of Jesus and you will see the road blocks)

Psalms chapter 139 verses 1 to 5.
"O Lord, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit or stand. When far away You know my every thought. You chart the path ahead of me, and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment, You know where I am. You know what I am going to say before I even say it. You both precede and follow me, and place Your hand of blessing on my head."   

Comments

Popular Posts