Being prepared.


Hebrews chapter 13 verses 4-6

Honor your marriage and its vows, and be pure; for God will surely punish all those who are immoral or commit adultery. Stay away from the love for money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never, never fail you nor forsake you." That is why we can say without any doubt or fear, "The Lord is my Helper and I am not afraid of anything that mere man can do to me."

Keeping our focus on God is not easy. Temptation surrounds us and makes us think that we need to have, what we don't have. For example, the advertisements that attract our eyes and senses. We want what others have and think "I too can have what they have. I work hard for my money so I'll just get what I want now and pay for it later."
   That is where the problems of worry and discontent come from. Breaking free from the wants of this world takes a lot of strength and perseverance. That is why Jesus is our Helper, so that our thoughts and actions are focused on God and not the love for the good things this world offers. 
   To be set free, removes the load that has held us down for so long. It is the feeling of having a fresh new start where you have been given the opportunity to do things right. It is where love and joy prevail, and where peace and contentment live. It is where wisdom grows and where we are thankful all the time to God for our new life. 
   There is no quick fix for the issues that haunt our lives. You have worked hard to get what you have, so hold what you have been given, close to your heart. Your life will see love instead of discontentment. 
   When there is something you want, it becomes a goal for you to achieve. So you work hard to have the tools needed to make your wishes come true. That is being prepared. It is the same as any battle you will ever face. You have to put on the armor needed and supply yourself with the right equipment, in order to achieve your task. 
   In order for God to work freely through you, you have to work hard at holding close to Him. Read His word, pray to Him. Talk to Him about your issues and expect Him to help you. See the good that comes to light as you see Him clearly in all you do, everywhere you go. People are restless and find it hard to be patient. Results take time and you need to grow with God, in order to reach your goals. 
   God will hold you close to Him, and it will be Jesus who helps you see what needs to be done and it will be the Holy Spirit who gives you the nudges, helping you see achievement and to give praise as you feel the joy and love of God with you.
   This world had its hold on life and now with my focus on God and living a life with Jesus where my goal is to please Him and do His will, not mine, He has provided me with a beautiful family, wonderful love and contentment. Now I feel joy in all that I do. 
   Thank you Father for Jesus and Your wonderful forgiveness.

Isaiah chapter 61 verse 10.
"Let me tell you how happy God has made me! For He has clothed me with garments of salvation and draped about me the robe of righteousness."

Psalms chapter 119 verses 1-3.
"Happy are all who perfectly follow the laws of God. Happy are all who search for God and always do His will, rejecting compromise with evil and walking only in His paths."

Psalms chapter 17 verses 7 and 8.
"Show me your strong love in wonderful ways, O Savior of all those seeking Your help against their foes. Protect me as you would the pupil of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings as You hover over me." 



Comments

Popular Posts