Animosity!


1 Thessalonians chapter 5 verse 23.
"May the God of peace Himself make you entirely pure and devoted to God, and may your spirit and soul and body be kept strong and blameless until the day when our Lord Jesus Christ comes back again."

It is so easy to feel animosity towards another person whom you feel is taking advantage of you. Even when you pray for strength to be a good representative of our Lord Jesus, you can still feel that someone has taken advantage of you. Are you to understand why this happens? Are you to feel inside that God will get that person for the wrong he did? How are you to feel, when all you want is to do good and represent God as best as you can, yet you feel like you were slapped in the face?
   It happens everyday and we are not to fight against it we are to get along with it. What? Let people walk all over us? We are no different than anyone else so why not stand up for what we think is right?
   You belong to the family of God and that means God is with us. Jesus is right beside you and the Holy Spirit fills you with compassion and wisdom. Temptation attacks our feelings and it is God whom provides us with the right thoughts and the inner strength to turn away or see the opportunity to share Jesus.
   Life's experiences make us aware of the need to survive. Before Jesus was in my life there were a lot of misdirected feelings where I felt I had been wronged and taken advantage of. Now that I belong to the family of God, I trust that He will guide me and protect me. In fact I want others to know and see that it is God who stands with me.
   Maybe there is an underlying need that God has placed before me. I may not always see it at first, but as soon as I start to complain, the bigger picture is revealed to me. I don't know what others are feeling or are struggling with, but I do know that I walk with Jesus and God is my Father. I am at peace with God and I will work hard to maintain that peace.
   Maybe I need a bit more wisdom, or maybe the timing was not right. Maybe I just helped someone with a financial need or the listening ear that they needed after an argument. The list is unending as to why situations attack our emotions but by trusting in God, Jesus shows us the right way to react. Revealing to us the works of God's grace and the joy of why we belong to His family.
   Thank you Father for Jesus and a life where I trust You no matter what life's circumstances are.😊

Hebrews chapter 11 verse 6.
"You can never please God without faith, without depending on Him. Anyone who wants to come to God must believe that there is a God and that He rewards those who sincerely look for Him."

Philippians chapter 4 verse 19.
"It is God who will supply all your needs from His riches in glory, because of what Christ Jesus has done for us."

Luke chapter 6 verse 27.
Jesus said, "Listen, all of you. Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. Pray for the happiness of those who curse you; implore God's blessings on those who hurt you."

    

Comments

Popular Posts