The right path.


Matthew chapter 6 verses 31-33.
"So don't worry at all about having enough food and clothing. Why be like the heathen? For they take pride in all these things and are deeply concerned about them. But your heavenly Father already knows perfectly well that you need them, and He will give them to you if you give Him first place in your life and live as He wants you to."

   I really don't like the word "heathen" it sounds harsh and greedy. Maybe, the word "others" would be more suited. I used to be selfish and thought much about the stuff I owned.
   It seemed there was always something I needed and I did not care about how I got it but that I wanted it. Then when I got it home, I would lock it up, concerned that it might get stolen.
   If I bragged about what I had, I was setting myself up for loosing what I had worked hard to get.  It was my bragging where others heard about the stuff I had and then wanted to borrow it. Oh, the concern over getting it back and would they break it and be able to replace it.
  Having stuff creates extra work. It has to be stored safely. It has to be maintained to keep it in working condition. There is always the added costs of having more stuff. We get to enjoy our new found stuff, until the moment it causes us grief. Then we may try to fix it or it may just end up taking up space and forgotten about.
   I have to laugh because my way of thinking was so mixed up like that. I used to be so wrapped up in what I had and how to get more. I used to think that I needed someone beside me. That I felt lonely. I met the wrong people and ended up with a house full of stuff, I never needed in the first place.
   God changed all that for me. Jesus showed me that life is too much of a joy when living in God's presence and that there is no room for all the other stuff. With our eyes focused on Him, what happens is all the stuff we need is there and there is nothing left but thankfulness and praise. He makes us content and at peace.
   You can still have stuff, but you start to look at what you have and ask is it necessary. Does God like what I have? All you want to do is be thankful and filled with singing praises. You want to reflect that in all you do. So you see, there is no concern for the stuff any longer but only the joy of knowing and sharing God and Jesus. I believe that God led me to the right spouse, whom I married and love dearly.
   Jesus reflected God. And you will too. People may not get it, but you do. People will see that you are happy and have it all together. Well, they are right. You are no longer frustrated but at peace with everything and all because you have one focus. You trust God and love Jesus.
   Before walking with Jesus, you may have found it hard to get up each morning, knowing that you have to face the issues from the previous day. Now that you are walking with Jesus, your day is filled with gratitude, to God, for His blessings. People enjoy working with you. You feel confident in knowing God is with you and that prepares you to take on challenges and to freely help others.
   I chose to seek and God and Jesus led has brought a joy to my life that puts God first. My eyes are on God, trusting Him to guide me. God is there for anyone who calls upon Him. Have one focus and trust in His love for you.
Thank-you Father for the joy of Your Son, Jesus. Thank-you for hearing the prayers of those who seek You.😊

James chapter 1 verse 12.
"Happy is the man who doesn't give in and do wrong when he is tempted, for afterwards he will get as his reward the crown of life that God has promised those who love Him."

Psalms chapter 119 verse 17 and 18.
"Bless me with life so that I can continue to obey You. Open my eyes to see the wonderful things in Your world."

1 John chapter 5 verse 3.
"Loving God means doing what He tells you to do, and really, that isn't hard at all; for every child of God can obey Him defeating sin and evil pleasure by trusting Christ to help him." 
 
     

Comments

Popular Posts