Talk to God


Genesis chapter 24 verse 48.
"Then I bowed my head and worshiped and blessed Jehovah, the God of my master Abraham, because He had led me along just the right path."

   It is that thankfulness and trust that has brought me to walk with Jesus. Through out the bible there are the same stories found over and over again. Where average everyday people, who are going about their day doing whatever they would be doing, are thanking God for His direction and love.
   I find that to be pretty amazing and calming. To have such trust that you are thankful for His blessings upon whatever you are doing. It is not because people are just looking for someone to rely upon, but the bible tells us that it is God's request that people trust in Him. God went even as far as sending Jesus to live among us and to tell people that they had strayed away from trusting and relying upon Him.
   Ok, I never would have put the two together. I thought I was an average everyday type of guy, who worked hard and tried to keep my life from falling to far apart. I thought that each day came as it did and all the stuff that happened in that day was what I had to deal with as it came along. Who would have thought that there was someone who wanted to help me and guide me and love me without being paid to do so.
   I had heard of the bible before and when I was young my mother took me to church. I never did grasp the meaning of what was going on. I was to wound up with changing emotions to settle on trusting someone to tell me what to do. I had to do it for myself otherwise I would fail and end up homeless, without a job or the skills to get a good job.
   I am so thankful that I picked up the bible and read it. God changed my life. Jesus showed me the way to a life with God where I am filled with gratitude for living with Him. My old ways of living where I trusted myself changed, I let go of all the wrong things in my life and asked God what He wanted me to do.
   What I found was amazing. I can try to tell you but you really need to experience God and Jesus for yourself. He touches everyone's lives differently. God knows what it is that we need and He provides the thoughts, the wisdom and the words we need. You will be thankful to Him for the things that are happening to you. He will guide you along the right path and the way you used to think will be gone. You will only have one focus and that will be to do God's will. All that you do will be protected, you will be so thankful to Jesus and call upon Him in times of trials and temptations.
   You see, the world around us does not stop and the people you know will still be the same as before. The difference is in you and how God is working in your life. You want everyone to have what you have been blessed with. So tell them, when they ask. Guide others lovingly and humbly just as Jesus talked about God. You never know whom God will touch and introduce them to Jesus.
   Thank you Father for the breath of fresh air. for helping me deal with my burdens. Thank you for Jesus and a life with You. 😊 

Genesis chapter 24 verse 52.
"At this reply, Abraham's servant fell to His knees before Jehovah." 

Isaiah chapter 40 verse 10 and 11.
"Yes, the Lord God is coming with mighty power, He will rule with awesome strength. See His reward is with him, to each as He has done. He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will carry the lambs in His arms and gently lead the ewes with young."

1 Samuel chapter 1 verse 12 and 15.
"Eli noticed her mouth moving as she was praying silently and hearing no sound, thought she had been drinking." 
'Oh no sir!" she replied, "I am not drunk! But I am very sad and I was pouring out my heart to the Lord."
  

Comments

Popular Posts