Feel content, Feel peace.


Isaiah chapter 44 verse 19.
"The man never stops to think or figure out , "Why it's just a block of wood! I've burned it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I fall down before a chunk of wood?"

Have we become so adapted to the stuff of the world that we can no longer see clearly the wonderful world that is all around us? Is our time filled so much that we are not seeing or even wanting to believe that everything is God's and that we have the privilege of His blessings?
Our youth is guided to know shopping and the need for food. Provision is not free so we take on jobs to provide income for the stuff we need. Then comes a spouse and the responsibility of caring for and protecting the ones we love. We try to pass along to our children the right ways of living so that they can have families that they can care for and love.
Our lives can easily become occupied with worries. For example can I provide the needed guidance to my children that sets them on the right paths? Is my spouse happy? Is my job secure? The list of worries can burden our lives so much that there is no room for happiness. And if there is happiness it is short lived, because the bills come and provision is hard.
Now, I ask you. Does that sound anything like how you thought, in your youth, your life was going to play out? Things happen to each of us that makes us who we are today. It could have been a death, it could have been poverty or even the abundance of too much and the lack of love. Whatever the reasons for having a mind that is occupied with so much stuff, there is hope for the life that you always longed for. No matter your age or who you have become, Jesus is the answer.
Let go of the idles. The stuff that blocks us from accepting the truth of God's existence. This is God's world and we live in it. So, why not look to Him and trust Him to keep His promises. God can provide the guidance and love that we need, in all things.
He is the power and the strength that the foundation of our life is built upon. Everything we are is a blessing from Him. The job we have, the family we care about and love, are all from God. God wants us to love Him and to be thankful for belonging to His family. As His children, content with His provision, we feel safe. We put Him first in our thoughts and trust Him with our families and our lives.
He is God, there is no other God and we are His children, whom Jesus has come to shepherd. To keep safe and thankful that God is with us.
Thank you Father for opening our eyes to see Jesus, through all the stuff that life has piled up around us. 😊 

Psalms chapter 16 verses 5-7.
"The Lord Himself is my inheritance, my prize. He is my food and drink, my highest joy! He guards all that is mine. He sees that I am given pleasant brooks and meadows as my share! What a wonderful inheritance! I will bless the Lord who counsels me; He gives me wisdom in the night. He tells me what to do."

Psalms chapter 24 verse 1 and 2.
"The earth belongs to God! Everything in all the world is His! He is the one who pushed the oceans back to let dry land appear."

Psalms chapter 50 verse 13-15.
O My people listen! For I am your God.
"No, I don't need your sacrifices of flesh and blood. What I want from you is your true thanks; I want your promises fulfilled. I want you to trust in Me in your times of trouble, so I can rescue you, and you can give Me glory."


 

Comments

Popular Posts