Together strong.


1 Corinthians chapter 3 verse 22.
"God has given you the whole world to use and life and even death are you servants. He has given you all the present and all of the future. All are yours and you belong to Christ and Christ is God's."

Am I any different than anyone else? Do I think of myself as being any better than the next guy? No I am not and I do not claim to be. What I have done is chosen to follow Jesus. And Jesus has made that choice available to all people.
I grew up in a loving family, yet I knew at a young age that I would have to venture out on my own. I was afraid of facing it alone, yet I knew my parents were not too far away. I made mistakes and I bounced back. The road may have been rough, but I did continue to breath and each day did come just as the last one did and I still woke up to face the next one. Getting a cold was no fun, there was no one there to take care of me, but I would talk to my mom on the phone and she would comfort me the best she could.
I may have had a family, but I made the choice to move away and now it was up to me to make the decisions, as I faced the daily issues of life. Would starting a family of my own, in my twenties, have helped? Maybe but that was not the way life was playing out for me. There were a lot of good things that happened to me and there were a lot of not so good times. There were times where I struggled with money and loneliness. Before I knew it I was older and yet I was no better off than when I was in my youth.
Little did I know that God had a plan for me. He must have had His reasons for keeping me from finding the right spouse and from having a family of my own. Maybe if I had stepped into life with Him when I was much younger, I may have had a wife that believed in Him and a family to guide. But that was not to be my life. I stepped away from my old life and began walking with Jesus when I was 40 years old. I was 49 years old when I married Jackie and together we asked God to bless our marriage.
Looking back I can see how life had piled up around me and how unhappy I was. There must have been a prompting for me to pick up the bible and read it. 
I must have asked myself, do I have anything to lose by walking with Jesus and getting to know God? So I read the bible and it changed my way of thinking. Or should I say, God changed me. Or should I say, I realized God has always been with me, I was just seeing Him for the first time.
I could have chosen to know about some of the other religions or life coaching but I was not led there I was led to pick up the bible. God directed me to see Him.
No matter what path your life is taking you, God is waiting for you to come to Him. No matter what your age, He is there and wants you to call upon Him. Seek Jesus and you will find God.
I'm going to talk to you plainly. You love your kids and you have found that you are having marital problems. It is pretty well known that in order for a marriage to work there has to be love and forgiveness. There can be an unlimited number of reasons why there are problems, but if there is not an agreement and love, than the issues will continue and eventually end in heartache. The marriage cannot be one sided it has to have a bond of love. God wants us to intertwine our lives with Him. Where both the husband and wife are walking with Jesus focused on pleasing God. 
Thank-you Father for Jesus and new life. 😊

Matthew chapter 7 verse 13.
"Heaven can be entered only through the narrow gate! The highway that leads to destruction is broad and it's gate is wide enough for all the multitudes who choose it's easy path. But the gateway to Life is small and the road is narrow and only a few ever find it."

Hebrews chapter 13 verse 4.
"Honor your marriage and it's vows, and be pure, for God will surely punish all those who are immoral or commit adultery."

Malachi chapter 2 verse 15.
"You are united to your wife by the Lord. In God's wise plan, when you married, the two of you became one person in His sight."



   

Comments

Popular Posts