Left behind


Mathew chapter 25 verse 8.
"Then the five who didn't have oil begged the others to share with them, for their lamps were going out."

I like helping people, especially those who are closest to me. For example, A neighbor is taking on a task, so I offer my help. Helping do the household chores. Being there for my family when they have misplaced something.
Patience is not easily come by, and can be constantly challenged. Before I came to live with God, I used to have an attitude that was shaped and formed from the hurts and disappointments of the world. I always had my guard up. I may have liked being around people and hearing their stories. I may have helped others looking for recognition and maybe a little gratifying friendship. However, a lot of times I felt abandoned, always back in the same place I started from. I would tell myself it was the way others worked and that I needed to accept the way people treated each other. Had I deserved to be selfish? maybe, life had surely handed me my fair share of disappointments and failures.
Boy, was I out in left field on that one. Jesus taught me to love others and to serve them. He taught me to listen and to encourage. He taught me to work hard and be prepared. He taught me to get my proper sleep and to face each day with a clear mind. My mom told me to keep a clean house for you never know who might just drop in. It is important to having a welcoming home where people are invited to come and not caring whether the invite was returned or not.
As I read the bible I realized how much God loves and cares for people. Through Jesus, I have walked away from my old ways of thinking and accepted His invite to come live with God. What a tremendous joy has come to me. There is no place I would rather be then waking up each day to life with God. He guides me and watches over me. I see it everyday in the thoughts that I have and the words that I speak. It is not discipline but it is the love and joy of being in His presence, trusting and relying upon Him. Jesus trusted God and now eternal life is available for everyone.
Don't hope that others will provide and take care of you. God will take you in and set you on the right paths to walk. There is joy in feeling good about all that you do. Accept Jesus as God's Son and let Him walk with you forever.
Thank-you Father for the joy of life with You. Thank-you for sending Jesus to show us the way to You.😊

Exodus chapter 33 verse 14.
The Lord replied, "I myself will go with you and give you success."

Exodus chapter 3 verse 12.
"God told him, "I will certainly be with you."

1 Thessalonians chapter 5 verse 3.
The day of the Lord will come unexpectedly like a thief in the night. When people are saying, "All is well, everything is quiet and peaceful"---then, all a sudden, disaster will fall upon them as suddenly as a woman's birth pains begin when her child is born. And people will not be able to get away anywhere---there will be no place to hide. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts