God's grace.


Colossians chapter 3 verse 2.
"Let heaven fill your thoughts, don't spend your time worrying about things down here."

For it is by God's grace that we have been saved through faith.
I have always wondered how I came to reach out to God. My life was pretty mixed up and I had to come to the realization that if I did not do something about how I lived then I was headed for real troubles. But why did I turn to God?
At community group, I stated that it must have been God who installed the thought into my head and I followed after it. What could it hurt to seek and understand God, except something better than what I had. Someone asked me if my mother believed in God. I stated that she does believe in God and it was suggested that maybe she was praying for God to touch my life so that my eyes could be opened to see a better life with Him. What? Is it possible that having someone pray to God, can set in motion the changes that are needed to help others?
It does make sense. I had heard before about people praying for others, but to believe that a simple prayer could be heard and actually cause change, yes it is possible. God works in mysterious ways and can do whatever He wants to. If you believe that He is your Father, then like any father who hears the cries of their child, wants to do what He can to change their sadness into joy.
The answers to prayer come with having the patience to believe God is hearing you and never give up hope that what you are praying for will be granted by God. For it is His will and timing that our prayers are answered.
How wonderful it must be for those who do actually see the results of their prayers. I have been practicing group prayer over the past few years and it can be a joy to see prayers answered and also a little frustrating to continually pray for something and not see head way.
Other peoples testimonies help give us the hope we need for perseverance. I have heard that some people pray for years and maybe a lifetime in the hope for God to make their prayers come true.
I must be an example of prayers coming true. I do not know if my Christian mother would have prayed for me or not. I imagine she did, so I must believe that she has seen her prayers answered, when I came to God and told her of my new found faith. I know that ever since I gave my heart to the Lord, my joy for life in His presence has been exploding. I can only imagine the joy my mother must feel and all those other people who see their prayers answered.
Thank-you Father for planting the thoughts that lead people to seek after You and the hope of a better life with Jesus. 😊

Colossians chapter 3 verse 12.
"Since you have been chosen by God who has given you this new kind of life, and because of His deep love and concern for you, you should practice tenderhearted mercy and kindness to others."

Philippians chapter 4 verse 8.
"Think about things that are pure and lovely and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about."

Proverbs chapter 6 verse 23.
"For their advice is a beam of light directed into the dark corners of your mind to warn you of danger and to give you a good life."

Comments

Popular Posts