Finally, Peace


Hebrews chapter 12 verse 14.
"Try to stay out of all quarrels and seek to live a clean and holy life, for one who is not holy will not see the Lord."

Is there a difference between living without God and living with Him? Why is God so special that I should follow after His way of living and not just go about doing things the way I think they should be done?
These are good questions. There are a lot of people who feel that way and it can be argued that God's way is just positive thinking. Who doesn't think that they have common sense and can make wise decisions on their own?
I used to never put much thought into God or Jesus. I knew that there were churches and that the people who attended them worshiped God and Jesus. But what is the big deal?
My life seemed to be no different than others I knew. I worked hard, I played hard and I had my fair share of issues to deal with. Like others I struggled with handing money and relationships. I always told myself that I was happy and content.
The fancy free life of my youth extended into my aging years. Relationships did not last because the people I interacted with lived the way I did, which meant there was not much love or caring. It is hard to care, when all there is clouded thinking. At work I made silly mistakes because of not having focus. I had distanced myself from family because it was easier to be with myself then with others.
Something had to change and I was finding it hard to be set free from the youthful ways.
I fought coming to God with every ounce of strength I had. I was exhausted and run down by people and work. Reading the bible lead me to think in a different way. I found that all God wants is people to love Him. Two major things changed me. Love and service.
In order to have love, I needed to clear my mind. It was that want for succeeding that helped me reach my goal. I would like to tell you that God held my hand through it, but I do not want to scare you away. I held closely to the bible and it's stories.
With a clear mind, I was a lot more patience with people both at work and with my family. Things started to happen around me that I never saw coming. My co-workers praised me to my bosses, I laughed a lot more and enjoyed helping people.
The changes to me were to much of a coincidence to have been done by me alone, otherwise I would have taken this path long ago.
The bible talks of living in blindness, oblivious to true happiness and peace. It talks about the way I lived my life and of a way that I could be set free through Jesus. The more I held closely to the word of God, I understood I was not alone in the path of life I was taking. I am so thankful to God for my new life with Him.
I encourage anyone who is feeling overwhelmed or curious about why things happen as they do, to reach out to the bible. Get to know God and who Jesus is. You will see things differently and experience happiness in a way you never thought possible. 

Hebrews chapter 12 verse 7.
" Let God train you, for He is doing what any loving father does for his children."

Psalm chapter 95 verse 6 and 7.
"Come kneel before the Lord our Maker, for He is our God. We are His sheep and He is our Shepherd. Oh, that you would hear Him calling you today and come to Him!"   

1 Chronicles chapter 16 verse 34.
"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love and His kindness go on forever."

Comments

Popular Posts