Singing out


1 Timothy chapter 1 verse 19.
"Cling tightly to your faith in Christ and always keep your conscience clear, doing what you know is right."

Mercy Me sings a song called "Grace Got You". The tune and the words to that song are addictive. My joy with God fills my heart with songs of praise all day long. I often wonder if someone close by me might recognize the tune I am humming or the words of praise I just spoke. God is addictive and you cannot help being filled with happiness.
I remember meeting someone in a hospital who was old and dying. My wife had brought her guitar so that we could sing a few worship songs. I could see the pain the person felt in their body, but I have never seen such amazing joy and peace on someones face before. They hummed along and sang a few words, that moment has always stuck with me, for God is with us always and forever.
The chorus of the Mercy me song speaks about, realizing what you have inside and smile like you have got away with something. That is the truth behind Jesus and our coming to live with God.
It reminds me of the commercial where the woman jumps into the car, yelling out, "start the car". She has gotten away with something that is unbelievably to good to be true.
Living with the joy of what Jesus has done for all people will be like constant little explosions inside  you wanting to get out. You will feel like you have discovered the biggest secret ever kept. You will be smiling a lot more and humming praise music and all because you are not where you were before but are now living in the presence of God almighty. Who claims you as His own and you will know the amazing love of Jesus which will penetrate deep into your very being.
Listen to the song and I will bet you cannot help but smile, knowing that you have those same words alive inside you.
Thank-you Father for the gift of sharing the joy people feel through music. 😊

Jeremiah chapter 33 verse 3.
"Ask me and I will tell you some remarkable secrets about what is going to happen here."

James chapter 5 verse 13.
"Is anyone among you suffering? He should keep on praying about it. And those who have reason to be thankful should continually be singing praises to the Lord."

Psalms chapter 150 verse 6.
"Let everything alive give praises to the Lord!     You praise Him!       Hallelujah!"   

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts