Seeing Clearly!


Joshua chapter 1 verse 8.
"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips, meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."

"I wish I had known when I was young what I know today." That is a great quote that shows how like an infant we are when it comes to facing everyday challenges. It can be very hard to accept change because we live by habit. We don't like stirring things up without knowing the outcome. If I could control everything that happens to me then I would be safe and happy. That, however, is not how life works. We do not control anything. Pretty well everything happens by chance. The family we have, the job we go to and even food and clothing are not under our control. If you think they are then you are keeping a real tight lid on what you do and not experiencing new things.
I enjoyed all the things of my life which I thought were reality as I knew it. Boy was I wrong. I lived in the cloud of falseness, just going from day to day repeating the same things over and over again. I know I was building to change but I had no idea what that change was going to look like. My life had become stagnant, I was restless and going nowhere. Sure I did things but they did not satisfy me. No matter what I was doing, I felt alone and unhappy.
God offered me the out that I needed. It is like He knew exactly what I needed and He could not have come along at a better time. I had no idea that He would accept me, as He has, but He did and now I can tell everyone that He will accept anyone who comes to Him. Does He want something in return? You bet He does. He wants your faithfulness. With Him there is no half way point.
Matthew chapter 7 verse 24 says, "You cannot serve two masters: God and money. For you will hate one and love the other, or else the other way around." This statement is so true. God provides everything you need and you will be fully content with who you are and what you have. That statement is also very hard for people to accept. God is asking for your total commitment to Him. He wants you to trust Him for everything.
I had come to a point in my life where no matter what I was doing, I was not content. So I trusted God and overtime I was able to see the change in my life that God made. Jesus talks of trusting God and how pleased you will be. That same peace can be seen in the way Jesus lives. You are not alone, God is here, waiting for you to call upon Him.
All I can say is, living with God is like a light being turned on and everything around you being seen for the first time and you love what you are seeing. The people, your job, your family, your food, everything is new and you are loving all of it. That light that you are now seeing life through, is the light of Jesus and the joy you are experiencing is God's love.
You will never want to leave, always looking for more of Him in all you do. His word(the bible), church, community service, loving people and their lives, all are giving you joy and purpose.
Thank-you Father for Jesus and being there for everyone. 😊

Isaiah chapter 53 verse 2.
"In God's eyes, Jesus, was like a tender green shoot, sprouting from a root in dry and sterile ground. But in our eyes there was no attractiveness at all, nothing to make us want Him."

Isaiah chapter 30 verse 18.
"For the Lord is faithful to His promises. Blessed are all those who wait for Him to help them."

Joshua chapter 1 verse 9.
Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt! For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
     

Comments

Popular Posts