My way or no way!


1 Corinthians chapter 10 verse 33.
I try to please everyone in everything I do, not doing what I like or what is best for me, but what is best for them, so that they may be saved."

One of the first things I learned, when I came to walk with Jesus, was that I was not being a servant to others. I always thought of myself and what would benefit me. That attitude led me to struggle and get angry when things did not go my way. I even wanted to make others look bad, so that I could make myself look good. I would would use words like "I did this or I did that", seeking attention for the things that I did.
There are lots of terms used in the bible that scare people off, thinking there are too many rules to follow and that God only wants those who obey. God is not forceful at all. Like any loving parent He wants what is best for His children and will try to correct them if they get misled. Being a servant does not mean you give up your rights as a person, absolutely not. It means that you want to help others see the love of God in all you do. You want them to know and experience the same joy that God has brought to you.
Being a servant can be hard for people to understand and to take hold of. People work hard in their life to get where they are, but if they do not have God in their lives then they are missing out on the wonderful joy and peace He can bring to them.
Let me give you an example. I stopped looking out for myself and began working with people to find solutions. I would wait for the right time to ask questions instead of trying to talk over others. I would pay attention and listen closely to what others were saying instead of having my mind wander. Doing this showed I cared and what I found was accomplishment and friendship.
Being a servant is so rewarding. God sent Jesus to show people He cares and wants them to know His love. God did not have to accept my calling out to Him but He did and now I do the same to others. Through showing love and compassion, others know God through me and may come to know Him themselves. God's world is beautiful, share it with others.
Thank-you Father for the joy of Your love and the love of Jesus.😊

1 Corinthians chapter 10 verse 24.
"Don't think only of yourself. Try to think of the other fellow, too and do what is best for him."

verse 26.
"For the earth and every good thing in it belongs to the Lord and is yours to enjoy."

Luke chapter 16 verse 10.
"For unless you are honest in small matters, you won't be in large ones. If you cheat even a little, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities."       

Comments

Popular Posts