Being Different


Mark chapter 10 verse 27.
Jesus looked at them intently, then said. "Without God, it is utterly impossible. But with God everything is possible."

I like the song lyrics that say "I want to be different, I want to be changed." The song is sung by Micah Tyler and expresses the want to no longer fight but to be set free from the holds of this world. Are you just fitting in? Are you living to please others? There is no need for that. We each have our own name and identity, so what is it that draws us to fit in? I guess we want people to like us and maybe we would like to be someone who others will look to for advice. It is an awful struggle to maintain our composer in a world where everyone is trying to be that someone that others like.
God says we are His children and don't have to prove ourselves to anyone but Him. That gives us identity. Not a false identity where we are constantly changing to try and fit in but an identity with God, who wants to be known as your Father. If God is our Father than that means as His children we belong to His family. You may say I already have a family and they can be a handful to deal with but one thing is for sure "they love me"
When you belong to God's family you are trusting in Him to guide you and thanking Him constantly for the joy you experience. God's family gathers together and talks about the love God brings to their lives. They talk about Jesus and the wisdom we receive to protect us from losing focus of God. It is ok to be different, Jesus was and people were amazed at His wisdom. He did fit in and even more. We are to love people and be concerned for them. We are not meant to go around boasting and pushing others to come to God. We are to fit in and show people that God wants everyone to know Jesus and the life He offers us. The song says " Till all of me is gone and all that remains is a fire so bright. That whole world can see that there is something different, so come and be different, In me." God's request through Jesus is simple. Walk with Him and no longer struggle with fitting in but know you are different, you are His.
Thank-you Father for loving all people and helping me to know my identity in You. 😊

Mark chapter 10 verse 43.
"Among you it is different. Whoever wants to be great among you must be your servant."

James chapter 1 verse 9.
"A Christian who does not amount to much in this world should be glad, for he is great in the Lord's sight."

A verse from the song Different.
"And I don't want to spend my life, stuck in a pattern
And I don't wanna gain this world but lose what matters
And so I'm giving up,everything because
I wanna be different
I wanna be changed."


Comments

Popular Posts