Home life.


Psalms chapter 103 verse 19.
"The Lord has made the heavens His throne, from there He rules over everything there is."

Why is it that we are so rebellious over rules? It seems to be in our nature to have a comment or to rebel against what is being asked of us. I don't get it. I know God and I believe in  Jesus but our lives are like living on pins and needles. Are we doing what is asked of us all the time and am I doing it with the right intentions? The answer to that question is "no", we do make mistakes and we do rebel. In my own life I was all over the place. I had good intentions and liked a peaceful life but I was never able to get a hold of it, for something always popped up. God watches over all of us and it would be wonderful if He would just wave His hand and the whole world would become a place where we live in peace and harmony with no worries. That sounds like some science fiction movie. Reality is that we live by the choices we make and they may not always be the right ones and sometimes the choice we make just causes more grief than we really need. If God is in heaven and He is watching over everything than that means we are living in His house and we need to abide by His rules. God keeps a simple home, it is us who have created the things that cause us grief. Think about the garden of Eden where Adam and Eve lived and enjoyed all the wonderful gifts of God including strolls with Him. All was good until someone did not live by the rules and had to be disciplined. They did not like the outcome for it caused pain and heartache. God has watched us struggle ever since and so He sent Jesus to carry the weight of our sins to pour His grace upon us and to give us a way of getting back on track where our focus is on Him and not on the issues of the world. The more I read the bible the more I could see God's love for us and how off track I had gone. I decided to trust in what I was reading and made the choice to praise God for Jesus and His welcoming love. I still mix-up and I still rebel but I now know right from wrong and how pleasing it is to God that I call upon Him for guidance. He keeps me close and how thankful I am for His protection. There is so much more that comes with living in God's presence. Just as we have good times and bad times with our own families and so it is with God's family. You have chosen to live with God and like any family there are rules to live by. God's family is holy and blessed with living in the presence of our almighty Father.
Once God takes you under His wing you will come to know Jesus and develop a relationship that will last the rest of your life and beyond.
Thank-you Father for forgiveness and guiding me with Your love. 😊

1 John chapter 2 verse 1.
"My Little Children, I am telling you this so that you will stay away from sin. But if you sin, there is someone to plead for you before the Father. His name is Jesus Christ, the one who is all that is good and who pleases God completely."

Hebrews chapter 12 verse 7 and 8.
"Let God train you, for He is doing what any loving father does for his children. Whoever heard of a son who was never corrected? If God does not punish you when you need it, as other fathers punish their sons, then it means that you aren't really God's son at all---that you don't really belong to His family."

Proverbs chapter 3 verse 5 and 6.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all you do acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

Comments

Popular Posts