Family.


Ephesians chapter 3 verse 12.
"Now we can come fearlessly right into God's presence, assured of His glad welcome when we come with Christ and trust in Him."

What would it be like if a knock came to the door and when you answered it the person told you that they were your brother or sister? How would you react? I imagine there would be an initial shock as you would have to gather your thoughts and wonder how this could be. There are probably a few questions running through your brain. Like, if this is real then why come forward now? Do they have an underlying intention? Why did my parents never tell me of this before? Are they immediate family or did one of my parents fool around bringing me a brother or sister I was unaware of? There are all sorts of thoughts but the fact remains they are standing at your door making a statement that you need to understand further. Do you invite them in or maybe step outside and inquire further information?

In the long run you do get to know them and find out that they are family who had wandered off in search of their own identity. Emotions are weird and can cause all sorts of reactions to happen. Love is the strongest and it can prevail over all other thoughts that run rapid trying to cause confusion. All of us at one point or another have to leave the protection of our family home. It is up to the individual whether they stay in contact or not. What I am getting at is family. Are we loved and accepted somewhere by someone? It is important to know our backgrounds and to stay in contact with them. We are not to hound someone for the way they have lived their lives, for we may not be any better then them. Family is loving and brings us a sense of belonging and identity. "I will love my family just as I want to be loved" are words that are often spoken when we start our own families.

The bible tells us that there is one family that loves us so much that the Father has sent His son to find us and direct us home. God is that Father and Jesus is His son who tells us that our Father wants us to come home to live with Him. There is a peace that comes from knowing His love is there for all people, all the time. People do not like to be challenged with right from wrong and that can cause troubles in family unity. God wants us to trust and rely upon Him for direction that keeps us safe and filled with His love. He is not saying that we won't have to deal with emotions or calamity anymore. What He is asking is for you to come live with Him and let Him show you how to love people as He does. I used to hold some bitter grudges and I had no idea why I did that. Holding grudges never got me anywhere and in most cases segregated me from people. God came as a thought to me and maybe a hope for something different. Wow! Everything about how I live has changed and the same can happen for you. Get to know God and begin a relationship with your Father who loves you.
Thank-you Father for Jesus and a new way to life with You!!!😊

Ephesians chapter 3 verse 17.
"And may I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you trust in Him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love."

Psalms chapter 68 verse 5.
"He is a father to the fatherless, He gives justice to the widows, for He is Holy. He gives families to the lonely and releases prisoners from jail, singing with joy."

Jeremiah chapter 31 verse 17.
"There is hope for your future, says the Lord and your children shall return to their own land."       

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts