Blessings.


2 Samuel chapter 7 verse 18.
"O Lord God, why have you showered your blessings on such an insignificant person as I am?"

I have always thought that the wonderful blessings I have are a gift from God because I worship and honor Him for bringing me out of my old ways and into life with Him. I'm not rich and I do have dreams. I do get by but I feel like I am being asked to do more. How do we get a softened heart for those who don't have? How do we speak of the blessings of God to others? It is by realizing what God has done for you. God did not have to send Jesus and Jesus did not have to die a horrible death so that my sins could be forgiven. But those things did happen and nothing can change the fact that they have had an impact upon my life. I do not know the answers to serving God but by learning to recognize the situations when they arise is a step in the right direction. Just like being in school we have to learn how to be prepared and use what we have been taught. Missed opportunities for blessing others with kindness are not to be passed by but are learning tools to help us be more aware of what Jesus would have done and how God is happy to support you. 2 Samuel continues in verse 20 and 21 to say; "What can I say? For you know what I am like! You are doing all these things just because You promised to and because You want to!" That is from God our Father who sent Jesus so that we would know that God loves us and is waiting for you to call out to Him. The happiness of all people is what God wants, so He waits patiently for us to recognize our need for Him. Salvation is God wanting us to know His love and the love He has for all people. That is what God is offering through Jesus and once we live in God presence then we start to feel the joy of His love. It is that joy for God and Jesus that we want to share with others. We may live in His blessings and walk with other believers but when you are out and clearly you are feeling the inspiration to quietly help someone in need, then speak a kind word or buy their food. Then turn to God and thank Him for the joy you feel for sharing Him with others. Your heart will explode, for you have done something that you may have not ever considered doing before and what a joy you may bring to someone else.
Thank-you Father for loving all people and using us to bring glory to Your name. 😊

2 Samuel chapter 7 verse 23.
"For You have rescued Your chosen nation in order to bring glory to Your name."

Isaiah chapter 55 verse 1 and 2.
"Say There! Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink---even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine and milk---it is all free! Why spend your money on foodstuffs that don't not give you strength? Why pay for groceries that don't do you any good? Listen and I'll tell you where to get good food that fattens up the soul!"

John chapter 7 verse 46.
"He says such wonderful things!" they mumbled. "We have never heard anything like it."

     

Comments

Popular Posts