Trusting God


Proverbs chapter 12 verse 1.
"To learn you must want to be taught."

How is that we end up with the lives we have? How do we come up with the thoughts we have and why is it that some things work out for good and others make us fail? There is no real answer. I can tell you, that all that you are was created by God and that if you choose to follow after Him then He will teach you the right way to think. But you need to believe what I just said. When we are young we are naive to the ways of the world and can easily be overwhelmed with having to survive. Not everyone can come from families that will provide and shelter us from the world. In fact, all of us have to work at something in order to put food on our plate and shelter over our heads. That is scary and not as easy to do as it is to say. The same answer comes from everyone including God. We have to apply ourselves to something in order to get something. I grew up in a family with several brothers and sisters and watched as they had paper routes or shoveled driveways. I liked what they did and wanted to help. My parents encouraged me, my family encouraged me, my employer encouraged me. What I liked the most was the reward that came from helping others. I soon realized that I was going to have to work in order to make money for the things I wanted. My parents had to do it and my family was doing it and everyone I knew was doing it. High school did not do much for me, I still had no idea what I was going to do with my life. I knew I could not afford to go to college or university, so where did that leave me? The best thing I ever did was to take control and step out on my own. I was so afraid, I had no idea what laid ahead of me but I knew I was going to have to make it work. I got a low paying job, where I applied myself and learned what it meant to do that job the best I could. My employer liked my initiative and paid me for my efforts. I felt good because I was doing it! I was feeding myself and I had a room in a boarding house where I got my sleep. I saved a bit and took some night courses to better my knowledge. I learned how to fill out a resume' and tell people about the way I helped others with the work I did. Be prepared to meet a lot of attitudes and temptations. There are a lot of people who need to do the same thing as you are doing, in order to provide for themselves. Some people will also try to take advantage of the little bit you have made. So guard yourself. Many years later I would learn that I was never alone in my adventures. I used to get tired of going to work and sometimes it felt monotonous, stressful or just a drag to get up and have to go. The bible taught me that I was not working but serving. I was helping people get their goals met. That changed the way I viewed work. If I could be so bold to say that God was guiding me and giving me the wisdom to succeed. I was not only doing things that helped others and myself but I was doing them with success and beyond. I enjoyed going to work and people actually enjoyed working with me. Who would of ever thought that people would ask me for advice? It was later in life that I began to seek after God and listen to the teachings of Jesus. Now I get to tell you that God is there and wants to help you just the same way He helped me. Life may be scary beyond the protection of our family and youth but be reassured that the best friend ever is listening to you and watching over you, waiting for you to trust Him and call to Him. reach out to Jesus He wants to bring you home to God.
Thank-you Father for each and every day. The joy and peace you bring through Jesus. 😊

1 Corinthians chapter 2 verse 15.
"But the spiritual man has insight into everything and that bothers and baffles the man of the world, who can't understand him at all. How could he? For certainly he has never been one to know the Lord's thoughts or to discuss them with Him or to move the hands of God by prayer."

John chapter 12 verse 26.
"Who ever serves me must follow me and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me."

Proverbs chapter 3 verse 5 and 6.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."


Comments

Popular Posts