"Steady on"


Habakkuk chapter 2 verse 3.
"These things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day."

We all have things we do each day. Whether it be going to a job or being lazy. You may be a stay at home parent or a farmer. You could be retired or a writer. Whatever it is that we do with our life fills our days and each day comes and goes. Jesus asks us to follow Him and not just to follow Him but to love Him more than those who are closest to us. He says in Luke 14 verses 27 and 28. "No one can be my disciple who does not carry his own cross and follow me. But do not begin until you count the cost." It seems like a tall order and it is. For we are not just to follow for awhile but to trust Jesus to fill our lives with God's promises. His promises are far more than we will ever be able to comprehend. First it is His love for us then it is our love for Him for the peace and the joy of living in His presence. To follow after something means we believe there is something we want to know about. God knows how easy it is for us to get sidetracked so in the bible, as well as in everyday life we hear the stories of people who have had things happen to them that they believe is a blessing from God. I may have done things in my past that were not good for me and I may have treated people unfairly and it is those experiences that have brought me here today. I decided to follow Jesus because I had nothing to lose and He offered me hope for a more enjoyable life. There have been times when I wondered, "God are you there?" Recently that way of thinking has changed for me, maybe it is because I spend a lot more time with God. I'm not sure of all the reasons but I do feel His presence with me always and that tells me I am following the right path. If you have started a journey to follow Jesus and to get to know God, do not get sidetracked. Increase your readings and prayer time. Tell God how you feel, let His love for you and others touch your heart. Like a father watches their children closely,God watches over those who keep their focus on Him. The reward is a lifetime of peace as you live in the presence of God.

Ephesians chapter 3 verse 18 and 19.
"May you be able to feel and understand, as all God's children should, how long, how wide, how deep and how high His love really is and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great that you will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God Himself."

Habakkuk chapter 1 verse 5.
The Lord replied: "Look and be amazed! You will be astounded at what I am about to do! For I am going to do something in your own lifetime that you will have to see to believe."

Jeremiah chapter 29 verse 11.
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."     

Comments

Popular Posts