Peace


Matthew chapter 14 verses 30 and 31.
"So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he looked around at the high waves, he was terrified and began to sink. "Save me, Lord! " he shouted. Instantly Jesus reached out His hand and rescued him."

Fear is a real thing and it can prevent us from having any type of life. It can affect our sleep, making us restless and then in turn we do not think clearly and say things that can be harmful. I used to hate the unknown, I could not control it and was afraid of making mistakes. I did not like being looked down upon and was always trying to be one step ahead of everyone else. That way people accepted me and liked me. I felt that I was successful at doing things right. As far back as I can remember I would hear the stories of others and how they dealt with their anxieties. Still that did not help me much because I still had to face my giants each day and they seemed to be so overwhelming that I found it easier to hide and avoid rather than deal with them. That too then caused other issues of not getting done what was expected of me and also how I let people down. It made me cold hearted and I felt that no one understood me. Jesus changed all that for me. I still battle fears each day and some days it seems like a never ending battle but Jesus is there with me. It took a lot for me to trust that much and I do make mistakes but people see my confidence as I am truthful and willing to reach out to learn and ask for help. I talk to Jesus about everything and give God thanks for His love upon me. Now when I hear the stories of others, I can relate and learn from what they went through. I have found that it is ok to fail and it is even better to get up and to ask Jesus for His help. Each time I do this others see that I am not giving up but that I want to succeed. In Ecclesiastes we read about how this guy Solomon tried everything to bring peace to His life, from riches to working hard and always coming up with the same answer, "Only God can give me the real satisfaction and peace I need." Romans chapter 7  talks about the never ending battle with our emotions and how they pull on us. The answer they give is "Thank God! It has been done by Jesus Christ our Lord. He has set me free."
I had to take baby steps to get where I am today. It took a lot for me to trust in Jesus to bring me before God and have Him walk closely with me. I read the bible and prayed a lot. I have found myself doing things that I would have normally shunned away from. The only answer I had, was that Jesus heard my prayers and God is seeing how I am reaching out asking for His help. God does promise to never leave us and is there to always love us. I too am thankful to God for Jesus and for giving me a ray of hope. I believe I am not alone, but that God loves me and is with me and that Jesus is telling God all about me. So, like the people I am most comfortable with and who love and protect me, I now also have God who cares and loves me too. In fact God goes everywhere I go and is always there to help me. I can turn to Him and call out to Him at anytime and anywhere. I now see that the people who have cared for me are also a gift from God and so now I can take small steps knowing that God is with me surrounding me with protection and the wisdom to be at peace. Trust God and get to know Jesus.
Thank-You Father for your Son, Jesus. Through Him I have a friend that will never leave me.😊

Romans chapter 7 verse 21.
"It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong."

Ecclesiastes chapter 11 verses 7 to 9.
It is a wonderful thing to be alive! If a person lives to be very old, let him rejoice in every day of life, but let him also remember that eternity is far longer and that everything down here is futile in comparison. Young Man, it is wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it! Do all you want to, take in everything, but realize that you must account to God for everything you do." 

Comments

Popular Posts