Asking Questions


John chapter 1 verse 38.
Jesus looked around and saw them following. "What do you want?" He asked them.

When you get to the point in your life when you are calling out to Jesus and asking for His help, when after spilling all your inner thoughts and last ditch cries to Him, are those the words you would expect to hear? "What do you want?" I guess, I had heard that Jesus could do something for me to help me deal with the never ending battle of life. When I called out to Him I was expecting Him to listen to my situation and maybe offer me some advice as to how to move forward. What I did find out was that by coming to Jesus and asking for His direction and help I was reaching out for something that was going to give me way more than I was expecting. Sure I wanted God's help but I ended up finding a whole new life, a better way to live. I found that God loves me and that Jesus died so that I may know there is hope. As I read the bible I started to think differently about how I had been living and how misguided I was about how life should be lived. I found that Jesus was teaching honesty and proper living. Then I started to see actual changes happening around me, where I felt good about the outcome and I began to care about myself and others. Jesus also asked the blind man the same question in Mark chapter 10 and his reply was, "I want to see" What I eventually realized was, it was not about me. Sure I had issues that were causing my life to be a mess and my complaining to God was about looking for another quick fix to get me by. It was God's love for His Son Jesus, that brought me to want His love also. In fact once I started talking to God and trusting in His promises, there was no turning back. I could not get enough of Him and that joy continues 20 years later. I eventually did understand what I truly wanted from Him. I wanted the love He has for me. Do not hesitate to call out to God at anytime. He is waiting to hear from you and see what it is you are looking for.
Thank-you Father for your amazing love. 😊

Mark chapter 10 verse 52.
And Jesus said to him, "All right, it's done. Your faith has healed you." And instantly the blind man could see and followed Jesus down the road!

1 Thessalonians chapter 4 verses 11 and 12.
"This should be your ambition: to live a quiet life, minding your own business and doing your own work. As a result, people who are not Christians will trust and respect you and you will not need to depend on others for enough money to pay your bills."

Isaiah Chapter 40 verse 29.
"God gives power to the tired and the worn and strength to the weak."

Comments

Popular Posts