Spoken Words


Proverbs chapter 17 verse 27.
"The man of few words and settled mind is wise."

When God entered into my life it changed every part of the way I thought and spoke. I used to be quite selfish thinking only of myself and nothing of what others felt or did. I guess I was consumed with not wanting to face reality. I spent most of my time trying to buy drugs or going to a bar and socializing for the first couple of drinks, then making no sense at all. What a contrast to how I live today. God walks with me everywhere and I spend my time in looking to Him for the guidance I need. Why do I do this? It is because He has shown me love and His blessings are real. I see Him in the conversations I have and the success of my challenges. God has shown care for me through His Son Jesus by taking me from having what I thought was a way of living to seeing that I was missing out on so much. He keeps me in check to live a good life so that I am happy and ready to tell others about Him. For example; My way of thinking often led me to miss things causing me grief afterwards either through having to redo my work or accept what the outcome was. Now I tend to listen a little more to the small voice that says "slow down and think this way or that". That thought I get has guided me in the right direction, giving me success and changing my life.
I thank God for speaking to me.

If only we could listen more and speak less. If only that our spoken words were helpful and heartfelt all the time. If only what we spoke did not come from the first thought we have. Some people are very good speakers and it is they that people like to be around. Some people are good listeners and can offer just enough words that are helpful and have meaning to an issue. Some people have learned through the wrong words that were spoken to control their thoughts and to control what they speak. Yet it seems no matter how hard we try there is going to be something blurted out that does no good. It is our emotions that get us every time. Remember your teens and jealousy? Oh, how the things we said would get us into trouble. Or how about the time when, in conversation you said something and then were confronted later causing you to deny and regret what you said. We all have emotions which make it is easy to speak out the wrong words, especially when we want our opinion to be heard. Even our words that are spoken with love can be misunderstood. What we think might be funny may not be to others. God knows that we are all different and that some people are a little rougher than others. When we apply ourselves to something then our thoughts are focused on what we are doing, leaving little room for wrong thinking. God speaks of doing good, keeping ourselves busy and taking Him with us throughout our day. I like to start my day with reading God's word and thanking Him for His love and guidance. I like to ask Him to be there with me as I face the challenges of the day. By knowing that God is with me I have confidence in no longer doing things alone. He gives me purpose, He brings peace and goodness to myself and others. I also have concern for the words I speak and I am more aware of the conversations that are going on around me. I do not hesitate to call upon Him for the patience and love that I need. With my focus on Him I can trust in my thoughts to be right and my words to be helpful. You may not be loved by everyone but with God it is like having your own personal support group. He can guide you with wisdom and love helping you to have confidence in the words you speak. I like the Lord's prayer for it gives us direction as we call upon God to be with us.
May my words bring glory and honor to you Father. May they touch someones heart today and bring them closer to you.
Thank-you Father. 😊

Mathew chapter 6 verses 9-13.
Pray along theses lines: "Our father which art in heaven, Hallowed be your name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen."

James chapter 3 verses 10 and 17.
10) "And so blessing and cursing can come pouring out of the same mouth."

17) "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others, it is full of mercy and good deeds. It is wholehearted and straightforward and sincere. "

Proverbs chapter 3 verse 5 and 6.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path's."



     

Comments

Popular Posts