Sharing


Matthew chapter 4 verse 4.
But Jesus told him, "No! For the scriptures tell us that bread won't feed men's souls, obedience to every word of God is what we need."

Do we try to force situations to happen? To make them work for our benefit? Why is it that we are so self consumed that we miss out on so much of life? I had a hard time letting go of "This is my life and no one is going to change that" attitude. Was it by coincidence that the bible appeared in my life? I don't know the answer to that question but I do know that I picked it up and found it showed me how selfish I have been. I always thought I had to control everything and that it was only I who could make the things happen in my life. If I wanted to be thin then I had to control what I ate which is very hard to do when surrounded by food. If I wanted to quit smoking then I had to do it on my own. If I wanted a raise in wage, I had to work harder to get it. Do you get the picture? I felt it was up to me to force situations to happen. No one was going to help me but myself. Jesus teaches to trust in God for your needs and to love others. Imagine putting all your faith in someone else to provide for you? If you let God, He will show you and the joy that comes from trusting in Him will extend from you to others.

"Start the Car" is a phrase from a commercial where the person jumps into the car thinking they have gotten away with something, only to find out it is available to everyone freely. Has that happened to you, where you think you have gotten something and are afraid if you share it, others will take it from you? So you tuck it away, trying to keep quiet about what you have. Maybe you worked hard to get it, so why should you share it? Besides you did all the "leg work" so why should I freely give away my rewards? It sounds selfish but it is the way a lot of people think. I remember buying my house and how happy and nervous I was to take on such a large mortgage. I had come from the city and bought in the country. I called it my little piece of heaven. The house was in "ready to move in" condition with all the amenities, it only lacked food and furniture. Since there was only me, the house looked bare and sparse. I needed friends so I went to the bar and invited people back for drinks. It quickly turned into a mess with hungover strangers waking up in my home. I felt they could steal my stuff and stopped inviting people back, after all I had worked hard to get it and was not going to let anyone take advantage of me. I was alone. I got a dog and that helped but I needed more. I was thinking I needed a girl in my life, someone who would keep me company and respect me but they too were greedy and selfish. The bible helped a little with confidence and hope but that still was not enough. I needed to step out, so I went to church and found good teaching but still no one to be with me. It turns out that I was the problem all along. I was not believing God and His promises. I had turned to Him thankful for getting me out of the big city, for my house and helping me overcome my addictions but my own inhibitions were making it hard for me to give Him full control of my life. God has been so good to me, how can I turn my back on Him and do things without Him there? So I read more of His word and focused on knowing Jesus and guess what happened? I began to see God in my up's and downs. I would talk with Him and look to Him for guidance. Everyday He gives me strength, wisdom and joy which has changed my life of selfishness to love and thankfulness for Him. I met a woman who loves God as I do and she became my wife. So you see? It was not up to me to struggle with my life but to trust in Him to be with me. I do not want to hide away what He has done for me. I want to share Him so that He can also help others with their lives. I like these song lyrics I heard, "Once you realize what you have got inside, it is only a matter of time." God led me out of my shell with love, peace and gentleness and as I trusted in Him He changed me forever. He is not hiding, He is for everyone, don't hold Him to yourself but instead share Him.
Thank-you Father.😊

Matthew chapter 4 verse 19.
Jesus called out, "Come along with me and I will show you how to fish for the souls of men!"

Proverbs chapter 25 verse 27.
"Just as it is harmful to eat too much honey, so also it is bad for men to think about all that they deserve!"         

Jeremiah chapter 29 verse 11.
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Comments

Popular Posts