Be strong


Romans chapter 12 verse 2
"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think. Then you will learn from your own experiences how His ways will really satisfy you."

We all have things we have done which we have to accept and live with. For example dealing with people, their attitudes and the habits of life that we have taken on. I thought the life that was around me was what I had to live with and did not realize that I can be the one to make the change. I enjoyed getting high and smoking cigarettes. However more often than less I hated myself for doing them and coming down off of them caused headaches and feeling miserable. Those around me also had to take the brunt of me feeling rough. The people I interacted with also enjoyed the habits I had, so by the end of each day I would be back at it. Getting angry at ourselves for the things we do just causes wrong words to be spoken and sadness. It was not easy for me to step away from that life because I cared for those I might hurt but by reaching out to God, I found love through Jesus. The actual high in life is freedom from my old ways and the wonderful blessings of God. Others have learned to accept my new life and can see through the way I live, what they too can have. Like myself it is a choice we have to make for ourselves so I pray for the strength to speak the right words and to think the right thoughts that will bring others to know Jesus.

We all do things in the spur of the moment. We see something we like and we go after it. The consequences of our actions are dealt with later. The things we pursue are usually something we have a passion for and not much thought is put into the cost or how it will affect others. I like tools and chocolate but I have learned to control my urges because of the cost and my health. In the innocence of our youth we did not think so much and had to learn the hard way from each experience. Especially relationships. Did you jump at your first encounter? Maybe you liked their looks or their social status. Whatever the reason, you leaped before giving it much thought. It has to be that way for if we do not take a chance than we may never meet the person we want to spend our life with. Trial and error makes people more cautious and even apprehensive of what their next encounter may bring. Sometimes things work out and other times we get a dud that causes heartache and grief. Remember your first encounter with alcohol and drugs? They made you feel relaxed and because others were also doing it there were a lot of laughs. If only it had ended there. As time passes it becomes socially acceptable to drink, to cloud our mind and escape the troubles of everyday life. You may say "I like it and besides everyone around me does it, so this is the way it is." It is so wrong to think that way. Our feelings do matter and our happiness is important. God knows that the pressures of life can get to us and that temptation surrounds us and how easily influenced we are. God does know our confusion and wants to help. God gives us purpose and love which leads to patience, self control and the want to serve Him. All that sounds good and dandy but you have to want that lifestyle and it is going to be hard to let go of the way you live for what you do will affect not only myself but those around you. That is all the more reason to change. There is joy and freedom waiting for you but it has to start with you wanting it. The bible is God's word and through it you can gain the strength needed as you learn of the love God has for you. It is your happiness for your new life with Him that God wants. There is a way to enjoy life without the holds that temptation brings. Family and friends will learn to accept your new life, as you stand among them with God and Jesus filling you with the joy of overcoming. Praise and thanksgiving become the want of each day and who knows maybe you will influence others with God.
Thank-you Father for new beginnings. 😊

Romans chapter 12 verse 9-11.
"Do not just pretend that you love others, really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of good. Love each other with brotherly affection and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy in your work but serve the Lord enthusiastically."

Isaiah chapter 40 verse 29.
"God gives power to the tired and the worn out, and strength to the weak."

Proverbs chapter 4 verses 25-27.
"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right or the left, keep your foot from evil."



Comments

Popular Posts