What is a restless heart?


James chapter 3 verse 17 and 18.
"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others, it is full of mercy and good deeds. It is wholehearted and straightforward and sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of goodness."

Do you work hard for what you have? Do you like to talk about what you have accomplished? It is hard not to tell someone about the things we do. I had a hard time with learning to talk about myself. I felt I deserved  a raise in pay and learned that the only way I was going to get one was by selling myself to a group of my peers who would then make a judgement call as to whether I deserved the raise in pay or not. It was all based on a set of guidelines and requirements that had to be met and also based on those who you thought would give you a good rating. The old days were gone, where once a year I was evaluated for my contributions to the company and was given a raise in pay accordingly. That used to give me an incentive to work hard and to make improvements that would benefit the company and give me a sense of value. Now I was required to sell myself and I had never done that before. What I did learn, after much struggle, was that my value is in helping others achieve their goals. Not just the knowledge I had, but that I had to have patience and a willingness to teach.
It was also about that time that I was starting to read the bible and realized that God wanted me to do the same thing. He wanted me to let go of my "me" attitude and to trust in Him to guide my life. That too, was hard to do but so worth the battle in the long run. With each step I took I found myself becoming more humble and wanting to serve others rather than be recognized for my achievements.
God led me to Jesus through the reading of the bible and that changed my life and my way of thinking. By learning to be a servant, I was able to help others without being judgmental and all because of my willingness to set aside my own life to trust in God's promises. God promises to be with you, to give you the right words to speak and the right thoughts to have. Which in turn will being joy and thankfulness to your heart, as you see how God is with you. Others will see it in your actions and accomplishments and will enjoy knowing you as a person.
When we give ourselves to God, we are not waiting for heaven and the end of our life to come so that we can hope for an eternal life with Him, but we are inviting Him to be with us now and forever. And guess what? He wants us to be with Him now and He wants to bless us now with all His favor so that we are thankful to Him for the life He provides. And what happens when we give our lives over to God? We are at rest, confident in who we are. We stand out with a peace and contentment for life that others notice and allows us to speak joyfully of why our lives are the way they are.
Give God a chance now, don't wait to experience all that He offers.
😊

Colossians chapter 1 verses 9 and 10.
"So ever since we first heard about you we have kept on praying and asking God to help you understand what He wants you to do, asking Him to make you wise about spiritual things, and asking that the way you live will always please the Lord and honor Him, so that you will always be doing good, kind things for others, while all the time you are learning to know God better and better."

Romans chapter 8 verse 28.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."
    

Comments

Popular Posts