Sinning


Romans chapter 7 verse 18-20.
"I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn I can't make myself do right. I want to but I can't. When I want to do good, I don't and when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway. Now if I am doing what I don't want to, it is plain where the trouble is, sin still has me in it's evil grasp."

We may think that our lives are not so bad or maybe they are and in dire need of change. There is hope offered through Jesus and the opportunity to live a better life with God. We will never be perfect and will continue to do wrongful things but with God we can see a good life and strive to walk that path. We can learn to keep our eye's on God and expect His direction as we face the convictions of each day. God offers us to walk in the light of His Son Jesus, knowing that we are no longer alone and gaining the strength we need to overcome the old ways of our lives.

Do I really understand what sin is? My parents tried to teach me right from wrong and yet I did the wrong things right from my early childhood years. They took me to church, but I did not pay attention, in fact I was seeking attention from others. It was only through trial and error and television that I learned the consequences of doing wrong. People got hurt and there is a price to be paid for the wrongful things we do. I never really cared too much about the things I was doing to my health or how people felt about the way I lived, which resulted in me thinking that I was on my own to deal with life's issues. I found it easy to get high, eat little, pass out and then get up and go to work, come home and start all over again. I spent more than 20 years enjoying that kind of living where I hid away, not having to deal with people. I guess I got fed up with it and began to feel I needed change, besides the road I was on was destructive, hurting myself and distancing family from me. It was only after I started to read the bible that I realized there was a better way of living being offered to me through Jesus. The word for sin in Hebrew originated with archery. It meant missing the center bulls-eye but still hitting the target. In other words making an error. I had been living a life of sinning by not living my life with God. God has always wanted people to look to Him, thanking Him for the blessing of life they have. I never saw my life as a blessing from God, but now I do see that. I see how God sent Jesus to help me step free from my old habits and that I can walk with Him, giving Him the thanks and praise for loving me as He does. It was not an easy transition and I held closely to the words of the bible. I did gain the strength I needed to overcome and that changed me as a person. I met my wife and got married. We never did have children, but I do have the love of family again. I am so thankful to God for His love and for His Son, Jesus.
God is there for all people who seek after Him and through Jesus there is an offer of a better way of living. Young or old, there is always hope in God.
😊     
Romans chapter 7 verses 21-25.
"It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love to do God's will so far as my new nature is concerned, but there is something else deep within me, in my lower nature, that is at war with my mind and wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. In my mind I want to be God's willing servant, but instead I find myself still enslaved to sin. So you see how it is--- my new life tells me to do right, but the old nature that is still inside me loves to sin. Oh, what a terrible predicament I'm in!! Who will set me free from my slavery to this deadly lower nature? Thank God! It has been done by Jesus Christ our Lord. He has set me free."
Romans chapter 3 verse 23 and 24.
"For we all sin and fall short of the glory of God and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ."

Comments

Popular Posts