Fatherly love.


Psalm chapter 91 verse 14-16.
For the Lord says, "Because He loves me, I will rescue him, I will make him great because he trusts in my name. When he calls upon me I will answer, I will be with him in trouble and rescue him and honor him. I will satisfy him with a full life and give him my salvation."

Wow! What a promise God makes to love us and protect us. As I got older I became aware of the fact that I was going to have to leave the protection of my mom and dad. Just as they had to start out on their own with their lives, I too was being groomed to live a life separate from the family home. It does not mean they do not love me or care for me, in fact they will always be a phone call away or are always welcoming to a visit.
It would be nice if every parent would guide their children in the love of God as our Father, helping them to understand that they are not alone and never will be. That God as our Father wants to love and protect us as His children. He wants us to keep our eyes upon Him as we seek His guidance and trust to provide for our needs. It would make heading out into the big world a lot easier. Knowing that the same God my parents love, and trust is with me always and forever.
Affection is wanted by everyone, animals and people alike seek affection. It is part of our way of life and when we feel alone we want that affection to be there. We long for it and yet at the same time guard ourselves against it. Affection makes us feel loved, wanted and cared for. There is affection for a spouse, a family member and for a friend. When we care deeply about someone, it brings us into our place of comfort where we feel the most at rest and at peace. Affection is not easily given out and it watched over closely until the time is right when we feel a joy, a love and acceptance. We feel comfortable and safe. It is because we guard ourselves that we become apprehensive and miss out on opportunities that may have led to love. We closely watch and judge so that we are not hurt from rejection. And that kind of living can lead us to do silly things when we are feeling alone.
God does not ask us to do anything silly in order to feel love and accepted. He shows us unconditional love. Jesus teaches us to let go of our old sinful ways and how to walk confidently with God. God does not want you confused. He wants your focus to be on Him trusting Him with all aspects of your life. God is our Father who we keep our eyes focused upon, He loves us, protects us and holds us close. He teaches us how to socialize, trusting Him for the right words to speak and with right thoughts that bring glory and honor to His name. God wants all our worries and anxieties so that we are able to see clearly His touch upon our lives. We become so thankful wanting to praise Him for the life He provides for us. So I walk with confidence as I trust in God my Father, to guide me and to provide me with a peaceful life protected in His love for me.

Thank-you Father for Jesus and salvation. 😊

2 Peter chapter 1 verses 2 and 3.
"Do you want more and more of God's kindness and peace? Then learn to know Him better. For as you know Him better, He will give you, through His great power, everything you need for living a truly good life, He even shares His own glory and his goodness with us!"

Isaiah chapter 41 verse 10.
"
Fear not for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." 
 

Comments

Popular Posts