Distractions


Philippians chapter 2 verses 3-11.
"Don't be selfish, don't live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others better than yourself. Don't just think about your own affairs, but be interested in others too and in what they are doing. Your attitude should be the kind that was shown to us by Jesus Christ, who though He was God, did not demand and cling to His rights as God, but laid aside His mighty power and glory, taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men. And He humbled Himself even further, going so far as actually to die a criminal's death on the cross. Yet, it was because of this that God raised Him up to the heights of heaven and gave Him a name which is above every other name, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow in heaven and on earth, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

I lived what I thought was a pretty normal life. I may have indulged in things more than I should have, but the most my life was not too much different than anyone else's. I was single and did not have the responsibilities of children and activities, but I did fill my life with entertainment. I had no idea what God was going to bring to me and what he did bring has brought me an internal joy that does not seem to fade away. The world around me has not changed, but now I walk with God and get to experience His love for me.

The first television was offered to the public in the early 1950's it took a while to warm up before a picture could be viewed. The programming was very limited and in black and white. Only a few people could afford to have a television however by the end of the century more than 60% of all households had television. Some still had outdoor toilets yet owned a TV. That was also the time when TV dinners came out. They were a quick easy meal that only had to be heated and served on the folding tables set out for each person so that they could watch television while eating. People realized they had gone from sitting at a table and having family conversations to watching and laughing at the Wayne and Shuster comedy show. Then next came the computer and the internet which allowed us to compare our lives to the rest of the world. Poverty, wealth and greed was soaked in by our curiosity to know more. Today we have cell phones and social media which challenges us to be the people whom we would like to be. Wow!! If life was not already complicated enough with the providing and caring for those around us and ourselves. Now we are affected by everyone else's issues which our emotions have to figure out how to deal with.
What is important to understand is we cannot stop progress and information. We have to learn how to deal with it and maintain a healthy way of living. God sent Jesus to tell us that there is a way to live in peace and how to have Him in our lives. Think of God's offer through Jesus as being the best time you will ever have and that it lasts a lifetime and beyond. You will get to live in the beauty of all that God has created and to experience His touch in all you do. He has not stopped amazing me and I am so thankful for His blessings and love upon my life. And it shows in the changes that have been made to me as I now reflect the joy He brings to me daily.

God wants everyone to know Jesus and the life of peace He offers. 😊

Philippians chapter 2 verses 13- 16.
"For God is at work within you, helping you want to obey Him and then helping you do what He wants. In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing so that no one can speak a word of blame against you. you are to live clean, innocent lives as children of God in a dark world full of people who are crooked and stubborn. shine out among them like beacon lights, holding out to them the word of life."

Philippians chapter 3 verse 12.
"I don't mean to say I am perfect. I haven't learned all i should yet, but I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be." 

Psalm chapter 118 verse 24.
"This is the day the Lord has made. rejoice and be glad in it."

Comments

Popular Posts