Having Wisdom


Proverbs chapter 2 verses 1-5. "Every young man who listens to me and obeys my instructions will be given wisdom and good sense. Yes, if you want better insight and discernment and are searching for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure, then wisdom will be given you and knowledge of God Himself, you will soon learn the importance of reverence for the Lord and of trusting Him."

Have you ever thought about where wisdom, knowledge and understanding come from? I used to go blindly without putting any thought into what I was doing. Sure, learning from my mistakes helped me to not make the same mistake twice or so I hoped it would. I did learn that by having some knowledge I was able to make less mistakes and yet I continued to jump blindly into action. Then I tried to understand what it is I was doing wrong and tried to be prepared for the next time, but I still failed because I could not see clearly what the issue was. It can be a struggle with our pride to look outside the box. When we are told there is a better way, then we try to grasp onto it and maybe we take hold of it or maybe we slip and fall again. Having the right wisdom to do something along with the knowledge of how to do it and then to understand why we are doing it can be hit and miss.
When I read Proverbs chapters 2,3 and 4, it was like an eye opener, could the answers be as simple as trusting in God? God is our Father and He wants what is best for us, so we look to Him for the guidance we need. He gives us the wisdom, knowledge and understanding to succeed. How silly I was to think that my body is mine and that the thoughts I have are are going to allow me to speak and think without failing. It was because of my own mistakes that I got into my messy life in the first place. All because I trusted myself. When I came to God, my life changed and Jesus showed me the way to peace. Now I start off each day by reading God's word, praying to Him for guidance and thanking Him for His love. I still make mistakes, but now I know patience and how to see the joy of God in all things. So I look to Him and ask for help with everything and I walk with the confidence of knowing He is with me. I enjoy working with others and learning from them as I reflect Jesus in my life.
It is not for me to question, but to trust that all the good that happens is from God. By following Jesus my life changed. My home life, my social life and my work life all came together. I did not know how or why, but I did know it was good and made me happy. I give thanks to God because all the changes to my life started the moment I followed after Jesus. I continue to give thanks to Him daily for He watches over me with the love of my Father.

Thank-you Father 😊

Proverbs chapter 3 verses 4-6. "If you want favor with both God and man, and a reputation for good judgement and common sense, then trust the Lord completely, do not ever trust yourself. In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."

Proverbs chapter 4 verse 20. "Listen, son of mine, to what I say. Listen carefully. Keep these thoughts ever in mind, let them penetrate deep within your heart, for they will mean real life for you, and radiant health."

I like Jeremiah chapter 33 verse 3 because it leads me to want to know more.
"Ask me and I will tell you some remarkable secrets about what is going to happen here"

Break down the barriers and trust in God to walk with you today. 😊 

Comments

Popular Posts