Choosing


Matthew chapter 6 verses 9-13.(King James Version)
Pray along these lines: "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever."

We live each day as it comes and have to make the best with what we have in order to give meaning to the things we do and the things that happen around us. God offers us a way through His Son, Jesus. If you choose to follow after the teachings of Jesus, you will find guidance and peace through the knowledge and understanding of God. God is real and can give you the sense of belonging that you need as you find purpose for your life through Jesus Christ.

Why are we beating around the bush? Our lives belong to us and we can do what we want with them! That kind of living is so undecided and leaves people unhappy, mainly because someone else did something that we wish we had done. We missed out and left ourselves discouraged. I've heard young people say "leave me alone, I'm going to do what I want." I remember using that line myself on my parents and it just caused unrest in the house. No matter who we are our days can be hit or miss when it comes to being at peace. There are always consequences to our actions that can have an affect on us or someone else. The "cool people" always get to have the best fun. They hang out together and do what they think is better than everyone else. When we were young it seemed the cool group hung around in all the right places and had the latest in fashion. The older group likes to show off what their money can buy. It is called boasting and can be bragged about or silently shown off. Regardless, it is living in the moment, to see who is looking. We all do it, whether it is over a new pair of shoes, tools we bought or accomplishments achieved. It is where we get self-satisfaction through the praise of others. When I was young, I did things to gain friends and acceptance. I still do it when I talk about something I have done. Whether I am aware of it or not, I am looking for a "well done" from others.
God sent Jesus to show us a better way of living. Even God must get tired of watching us be so undecided about which way to go and how it affects our way of thinking. He is tired of the violence and the sadness that comes from wrong living. God wants us to know Him and to be content with keeping our lives focused on Him and the teachings of Jesus. It is in our nature to seek acceptance, even as we walk with Jesus and look to a life of serving and pleasing God so that when we stand before Jesus we hear the words "Well done my faithful friend"
So you see we do have a choice. We can either do things on our own and deal with each situation as it comes along, coming up with all sorts of reasons as to why things are as they are. Or we can turn to Jesus and accept the life that God is offering. A life with purpose and peace where we trust God to keep His promises of providing for our needs. By choosing to walk with God, you will see your life become filled with goodness and love. You will be thankful and filled with joy for His blessings. You will be content as you focus on your new life with him. You will see Him as your Father who watches over you, keeping you safe from being distracted from Him.
I chose to walk with God and He changed my life through Jesus.
Thank-you Father😊

John chapter 14 verses 1-4. (Jesus is speaking)
"Let not your heart be troubled. You are trusting God, now trust in me. There are many homes up there where my Father lives and I am going to prepare them for your coming. When everything is ready, then I will come and get you, so that you can always be with me where I am. If this weren't so, I would tell you plainly. and you know where I am going and how to get there."

John chapter 14 verse 27.
"I am leaving you with a gift--- peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give is not fragile like the peace the world gives. So do not be troubled or afraid." 

Comments

Popular Posts